Amanda, I need you!

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 06:39 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Amanda, m'love, I need your assistance. I have had the same haircut since I was in 8th grade or so. Long layers and angled at the face. Everytime. I would really like to try something new... but I have three problems...

1. I have really curly hair... which doesnt like Florida weather and tends to frizz... even with anti frizz goo and gel.

2. I have a very round wide face. Even when Im 125 lbs and a size 0 (which Im really NOT anymore)... my face is still the shape of a basketball.

3. Im a lazy bum. I dry naturally. I use anti frizz and gel but thats about all I do. And while I would do a little more, I kinda like keeping it super low maintenance.

So here is my question... is there anything else I can do with my hair or is long layers and angled at the face my best option?

Here are my pictures... the first really shows my face shape and the other two are to show my hair

January 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Girl, you have got gorgeous hair! One of the things I would suggest for you is taking a bit of your length off and shortening up the layers. If you want to make your curl pop up a bit more, you should have your ends razored a little bit to give it some texture. I would keep the framing around the face for that just in case you wanna blow it out look. I can honestly tell you that the best thing I have ever found for curly hair and taming the frizz is Bed Head Products and Bed Head Products. A lady I used to work with had Reba hair from the late 80's. Yes, the big, beautiful red hair. But of course her hair was quite a bit more curly than Reba's. She used those products every day in her hair, and I can honestly say, I never saw her hair frizz.

January 19th, 2011, 05:21 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I have to say, I am jealous! Your hair is amazing I love it!
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3plus1 View Post
Girl, you have got gorgeous hair! One of the things I would suggest for you is taking a bit of your length off and shortening up the layers. If you want to make your curl pop up a bit more, you should have your ends razored a little bit to give it some texture. I would keep the framing around the face for that just in case you wanna blow it out look. I can honestly tell you that the best thing I have ever found for curly hair and taming the frizz is Bed Head Products and Bed Head Products. A lady I used to work with had Reba hair from the late 80's. Yes, the big, beautiful red hair. But of course her hair was quite a bit more curly than Reba's. She used those products every day in her hair, and I can honestly say, I never saw her hair frizz.
Thanks hon... I like bedhead alot... its expensive though so I only buy it sometimes.

How much is a bit of length? Right now, when wet its at about nipple length () but when its dry, its about armpit length... what length would be better?

What do i tell the hairdresser lots of short layers?

Hey can I run my husband's hair by you too? He has the worst hair... and despite trying a million different hairdressers, he alawys gets the same cut.

January 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by **Katie** View Post
Thanks hon... I like bedhead alot... its expensive though so I only buy it sometimes.

How much is a bit of length? Right now, when wet its at about nipple length () but when its dry, its about armpit length... what length would be better?

What do i tell the hairdresser lots of short layers?

Hey can I run my husband's hair by you too? He has the worst hair... and despite trying a million different hairdressers, he alawys gets the same cut.
I would take it about an inch below the shoulder, which from what I can tell is taking about 3 inches off. As for the layers, you want them to hit just below the bottom of your ear. So you would tell the hairdresser that you want your hair 1 inch below the shoulders and your layers to start at the bottom of the ear. Make sure to tell them to to slightly razor your ends for the texture.

Yeah, you can run the husband's hair by me. What is the cut that he gets currently?

January 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM
THANKS HONEY!!!

My dear hubby had the longest biggest head ever. I mean truly huge. So his hair pretty much always looks like putting a toupee on a watermelon.

He has gone to several different barbers... and Ive taken him to two different salons... but still the same cut, everytime and its not helping...

Who knows, maybe thats the only one that would even remotely work...

But I thought I would ask...

The first is from not long after a haircut... the third picture is from when his hair gets longer (I like it longer... but he starts to look like a Beatle)

We are going to have the roundest headed babies ever.

January 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
AHHHHHH! Please tell me that the license plate with the Gator on it is not your car!! If it is, I'm not sure I can forgive you for that pile of poo on the license plate. (DH is a Gator fan, so I give him 10 kinds of crap about it.)

Anyhow, with your DH, I think the shorter cut he has looks good, it's just a matter of him no parting it and putting it to the side. That in itself will give a different look. If you want him to keep it a bit longer, then it should be simply cut over the ears and about 2 inches on the top. The bangs should be about mid-forehead. I would ask him which he would prefer. Either way looks good though. See if he'll stop parting it and just wear it straight down with some gel in it to make it a bit on the messy side.

January 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if he can possibly not part it... hes got a nice lil bald spot on the right side there hahaha

when we go to the beachhe always forgets to put sunscreen in that lil receding hairline area... and he gets a very defined burn triangle on his head. HA makes me giggle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search