5 Minute Beauty Tips for Moms and New Moms

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 04:02 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I found this fab website with some great tips on how to look fabulous in minutes, even when you have a baby to tend to:

5 Minute Beauty Tips for New Moms
But Iíll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 27th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Step 1: One-Handed Cleaning

Deep cleansing lather and invigorating splashes of water may have been your face-cleansing routine at one time, but try doing that while wearing your sleeping baby in a front carrier. For those times when you can't put your cherub down for even 30 seconds, use no-water-needed face cleansing wipes. One hand, 10 seconds...your face is clean.

Step 2: Get the Red Out

You may have used eye drops in the past to look respectable at work after a late night partying, and now they'll make you look well rested after an all-nighter with your new 2am dance partner. Eye drops (like effective old standby Visine) will help you appear alert, rested and refreshed. Plus, they feel great on exhausted eyes.

Step 3: Light, Pure Moisturizer

Post-delivery hormones can mean dry skin, breakouts, and ruddiness. Most women will need a light moisturizer that can calm flare-ups, but skip heavily-scented products. Look for sensitive skin or fragrance-free moisturizures, such as Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid for Sensitive Skin.

Step 4: Mistake-Proof Foundation

Blending a line of base or foundation seamlessly into your neckline isn't on the to-do list. Two modern makeup options offer foolproof coverage:

* MINERAL MAKEUP goes on like a non-drying powder, and can be used as a concealer for spot coverage. Gold-standard bareMinerals by Bare Escentuals lasts forever, and it's worth the price.

* COLOR-MATCHING FOUNDATION goes on like lotion and match your skin color to even out tone instantly. Both Cover Girl's TruBlend or Revlon's Beyond Natural work beautifully.

Both options are extremely easy to apply in a hurry or while sleepwalking.

Step 5: Baby-Friendly Lips

You're likely kiss your baby hundreds of times a day, thus transferring lip products onto your baby. Avoid pigmentation, heavy gloss, tea tree oil, menthol or hot/cinnamon additives found in many lip balms and lipsticks. Keep your lip products sheer, simple and pure, like yummy ALBA Botanica lip balms. If you find that your lips need a color boost, apply petroleum jelly and gently exfoliate them with a toothbrush. This will stimulate your lips' natural color to shine through.

Step 6: Bring Back Your Pregnancy Glow

Your vibrant pregnancy glow may depart with the placenta, but a sheer blush can bring it back. Keep it light ~ just a gentle swipe on the apples of your cheeks will do the trick. We love Revlon's Pinch Me Sheer Gel Blush and NARS Cosmetics Cream Blush

Step 7: Wake Up Your Eyes

Mascara is 7 hours of sleep in a tube. Keep it waterproof and easy to apply. We adore waterproof Maybelline Lash Stylist Mascara. While you're at it, use a quick slick of clear mascara to keep your brows in shape.
Brilliant little tips if you are a busy mommy on the go!
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
That will be really useful for me - life is too busy to have a proper regime each day. Thanks Ellie.

January 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
No problem x
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Tags
beauty tips , host , mums , quick

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search