What Hair styling tools do you use?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
From sirums to straightening irons etc, which do you use? And what do you think of them?
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

April 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
For styling products I use Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother as well as Aveda Volumizing Tonic.

Then for styling tools I use a blow dryer, flat iron and some velcro rollers to get some volume.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
April 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
I only straighten my hair about once every three months. I used to straighten it all the time but I have been growing it out and to keep it healthy I have stopped. When I do straighten it, I use my chi straightener, chi heat guard hair spray, and before blowdrying I use my chi heat guard cream. (My blowdryer is a conair though)

I have natural wavy hair, so I wake up everyday normally and only apply herbal essence gel in it. Keeps the frizz down - as long as I don't happen to enter any humid air. (which I live in CO so that isn't very often)

April 21st, 2011, 09:05 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Steph you have probably got one of the best flat irons there is out there. Yes, the Chi irons are outrageously priced, but you only have to go through the hair 1 time to get the job done. Good to see that you use the heat guards and such with the flat iron. Some people don't realize that that is something very important.

Now to answer the question. Every now and then I still flat iron my hair. I'm really in need of a new one. More often these days I use the curling iron or just scrunch it up to enhance my natural wave. It's really dependent on where we are headed and what we are doing on which tool I use. I always use the Great Clips Moisturizing Glossing Cream and Kenra #25 Hairspray. I swear by those 2 things, and don't stray from them when it comes to my hair.

April 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I mostly use my chi all the time to straighten it.... i have weird hair. it was straight but when i got pregnant, it turned wavy!!!!! but only in the back , lol. so it's not like a cute wavy that I can just let dry and leave it that way.ugh!

April 24th, 2011, 09:23 PM
sHaiRah's Avatar JM Addict-In-The-Making
Since I got my newest cut, I mainly use my fingers and sometimes my PluggedIn mini flat iron to touch up bangs. I have naturally curly hair and I scrunch it alot.
Once every few weeks or so I will flat iron and turn my hair under with a PluggedIn iron and Beyond the Zone heat protection spray. I pretty much never use a blowdryer on myself. I let my hair air dry then style.
May 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
For work I have to pull it up in a bun type style. So nothing on those days. But on the weekend if I straighten it I blow it dry then use a curling iron or curlers to tuck the ends so it's not flat straight. If its rainy or I don't feel like messing I just throw some gel in and let it be crazy.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
I have to use a straightening iron in order to wear my hair down...it's soooooo thick and big otherwise...healthy but big!
October 5th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I use curling iron to achieved that wavy look on my hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search