cutting daughters hair

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
BlueEyedButterfly's Avatar Veteran
My daughter is 3 and has only had her hair cut(all over cut) once, had to shave it bc she got gum and it was down at the scalp she was only 1. Well her aunt kept her bangs trimmed and now that we no longer live near Aunt I would like to take up the task of trimming her bangs. The only thing is she has curly/frizzy hair at times so I worry about messing up. Where could i get some good instructions on how to cut her bangs? or should I just take her and get it done somewhere?
February 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
When cutting curly hair you have to be very careful. If you want her bangs to the eyebrow, what you will want to do is to comb the bangs down as straight as you can get them and then cut them 1/4 inch below where you want them. The curl will shrink them that 1/4-1/2 inch. If you don't think your hand is steady enough to do it, then take the bangs across the forehead and pull them into a little ponytail (no rubber bands) that is in the center of the nose and then cut the same off as I said before. Doing it this way will have them frame the face, where the outer edges are a bit longer.

February 9th, 2011, 11:17 PM
BlueEyedButterfly's Avatar Veteran
I will give that a try. Thank you so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search