Ask the Stylist

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 07:02 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you know that it is that time to ask the stylist. As always, if you are wanting to know about a different style for your hair or anyone elses, I need pictures. If you want to know about color, or perms or products, ask away! I am at your disposal.

February 10th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Veteran
I am getting out of the army soon, and I'm so tired of wearing my hair up. My hair is usually always up in a bun, and on the weekends.. I do straighten it, or sometimes I just get lazy and still wear it up.

SO.. I want change.. I want to be able to style my hair how I want and not have to worry about if it will meet army regs.. blah blah blah

I want to get extensions. Do you know the best kind to get? I know there is the ones that you can glue in, tie in (I think) but I'm not too sure.
Also, do you know how long they last? And they are okay to get when you are expecting, right?
February 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I actually used extensions to help grow my hair out a few years back. I only glued mine in. The glue really only holds for a week at the most. Another way to do it is to have them braided in. It depends on who does it and how you want it done for the way they are braided in. The other option is fusing them to your own hair. I would not recommend this way simply because it can break your own hair off. Granted, it is the longest lasting, but is the most damaging. I've never heard that you couldn't have them during pregnancy. So as far as I know, they should be fine. Whoever you choose to do your extensions will tell you the best hair to use. Some stylists have a preference as to what they use. Hope this helps some.

February 15th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Veteran
It does.. thanks

Im going to have to wait a few months.. but definitely something that I'm interested in. That is only one of the few things I'm doing when I get out..
I'm also getting manicures, pedicures.. never wearing camo again, or dressing like a guy, never wearing my hair up.. ah life is gonna be great
February 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I understand the rebelling thing. DH's best friend got out of the Army in 2008 and he hasn't really had a haircut since then.

February 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I've never posted here but here goes anyhow:
My hair is shoulder length and layered. I'm trying to grow it out but it's been a year since I initially cut it and it's grown perhaps 2 inches. Needless to say I'm impatient and wanting a new hairstyle but not sure exactly what. I know I need it to be low maintenance and looking good w/o a curling iron. I thought perhaps a tapered straight cut with bangs but I'm not sure. Another question--my hair is dyed blonde, again 1 year ago, and I'm thinking of doing something simple@home---should I go blonde(r) or brown? Naturally I'm a very dirty blonde(eww!)

February 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
If you are wanting to grow your hair out, the best thing to do is just keep it pulled up/pinned up that way you don't have to worry about messing with it. In growing my hair out in the past, I always pinned it up and hairsprayed it. It would take more effort to take it down, shampoo it and everything else to get it cut. The other thing I would suggest using would be NIOXIN . The product is meant for thinning hair, but I will tell you that it works wonder in growing hair out.

If you are looking for a new style, I would go with an inverted layered bob. You appear to have fine/thin hair, and something along those lines would make you look like you have a bit more hair and give you something to do with it. You would be able to basically wash and dry with it.

As for the color of your hair, I base my color off of the seasons. In the winter, I use a darker color, in the summer, I use lighter colors. It really is up to you since we are in the in between of seasons. Maybe use a darker blonde instead of something too light right now. If you would like darker, then just use a light brown. I personally would use a medium to dark blonde on you. If you are using a drug store color, get the Loreal Preference. Look for a 7N or 8N. The 8N is lighter than the 7N. If you are wanting to go darker, then find a 6N, no darker.

Hope this helps some.

February 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you.

March 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Silvia's Avatar Veteran
Hey Amanda, thanks a lot! I have a quick question: based on your experience, do you think it is a good idea to wear makeups during your pregnancy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search