Hi!! =]

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
54321Guest12345
Hi everyone! My name is Emily. I have a few *beauty* questions that I was hoping you could help me with.

Ok, I am in the process of giving myself a makeover! lol Seriously I am. I am trying to lose 10 pounds, grow my hair out, all kinds of crazy. =] My hair used to be so long and lovely, then I cut it, and it is so hard growing it back out. I am taking a Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamin (when I remember!) to help. I also want it to go back to my natural color (slowly but surely). At the moment, it basically is, but a while ago I had some very dark lowlights and highlights put in....they were pretty extreme. So a month or so ago, I had a girl throw some color over them, so there wasn't so much contrast. (Looks pretty close to my natural color...you can still see where the highlights/low lights were, but it's ok). I want to lose a little bit of the extra chub I've got going on around my rear end....that's not that big of a deal.

But anyways, I am very light-skinned. I used to have a very nice makeup routine, that seemed to work great for my face. Then I started switching it up, and I can't seem to get it perfect again! I like to wear eyeliner, because I feel like it makes eyes pop, but, when I put it on, I feel like a goblin or something! With my pale skin, dark rings around my eyes just look weird. I am using Almay for hazel eyes (raisin quartz) and only put in on my bottom eyelids right now. Is there anything I could do to not make it so out there??

Also, I love to have light pink lips. Mine are naturally pretty red, so I wear Covergirl Lipslicks in the light pink color. My question about this is...since I wear that, and I also wear bronzer on my cheeks, do you think that is too many color combos for a face? Like, bronze cheeks and pink lips, and then some kind of eyeliner/mascara combo? And somedays eyshadow (natural colors, like, cream, light brown)! I know this all crazy and all over the place, I just need help. =]
March 7th, 2011, 08:04 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Hi Emily, lovely to *see* you here!

Can I ask what kind of eyeliner you are using? If you use a kohl pencil you can use a smudging tool to soften it, other options are to use softer colour liners depending on your eye colour, blues, greens, plums or even light heathers etc

Don't just line your waterline, it will make your eyes appear smaller (contrary to popular belief.) You need to be lining your top lid also, and lining on your lash line, rather than the water line, this will create a popped, wide eye look.

You can also buy an angled eyelining brush to use to apply eyeshadows as liner, this will give the softest look you can get, and on your top lids it will last all day but will need some re-application on your lashline

In general, I wouldn't say that wearing lipgloss and bronzer is a problem, bronzer is designed to give you a natural sun kissed look so if you are thinking the bronzer is too obvious it is too dark for your skin shade. I use two baked bronzers and they are very light but make me look sunkissed.

On an average day I'll have pink lips, bronzed or blushed cheeks and my eyeshadow will be chosen to work with my outfit, i tend to wear black liner and mascara too and in general it creates a really lovely look

I hope this helps!
But Iíll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

March 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
54321Guest12345
Thanks for the advice! =]

I am just so irritated with myself because I had a really great look going for a while, and then decided to change it....and now nothing I am trying is working! Boo. Once I get a new routine going that looks good, I swear I am never changing it again! =]

P.S. Actually you can kind of see in my picture how my cheeks have bronzer and my lips are light...do you think it looks like the bronzer is too dark on my face??
March 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
from that picture not at all
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

March 17th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Silvia's Avatar Veteran
Hi Emily,

You remind me the sentence saying that "change in all things is sweet".

Based on what I see from your pic, here's my little suggestion: just put a little of bronzer on the chin (what you are trying is absolutly on the right track). You can also apply extra blush on the apples of the cheeks to bring out the distinctive cheek bones.

I think if you are very light-skinned, you can try some mineral foundation which will make it look moistural and flawless (maybe a bit shiny).

You have beautiful eyes and if I am not mistaken, you have light brown eyes right? If so, you may want to choose dark eye/brown eye shadow colors. And then combined with what Ellie's suggestions on how to put it, you will look perfect.

Don't worry too much, you are pretty ~
March 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
54321Guest12345
You ladies are too too sweet! Thank you for your advice!

I think you are definately right about putting some bronzer on my chin-maybe my forehead, too?? And I also think I should start wearing some blush! Then it will match my pink lips!!

Thanks again ladies, I really appreciate your tips!
March 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Yes yes, bronzer just on your hairline where your skin naturally catches the light would complete the look xx

But if you a brown eyed girl - don't limit yourself with eyeshadow colour, we are lucky girls that can get away with it all! However if you want a natural look stick to browns taupes and heathers xxxx
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search