Make Up Brushes 101: Powder Brushes (Inc: Kabuki)

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 04:21 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger

A large powder brush like this one should be used to evenly distribute powder foundations and make up setting or translucent powders onto your face. Powder brushes like the one above are best when made of a natural product and are not synthetic. The best fiber for brushes like this is pony, goat or sabel hair. Because of this you may want to look into whether your make up brushes are animal friendly.

Pony goat or sabel (some are a mix of the three) haired brushes will be softer, they will be denser and tighter packed, this gives you a much easier right when applying make up naturally and with great ease. The best brushes for all over application are larger ones like this. Smaller brushes that look like they have the same use often don't, so don't panic I'll get to those in good time!

Apply by lightly dusting all over your face, paying attention to any areas where you have oily skin. If like me you have dry skin, use as little powder as you can, on dry skin too much powder can just fall off.

You can also use a:

Kabuki Brush is a must have brush as far as I am concerned, this little brush (which for best results should be a natural fiber) is excellent for giving easy, even results with powder foundations and powders. Because it is so short it s even tighter packed and the rounded top allows for great movement on your skin.

Kabuki brushes can be used for applying and blending blusher and blending highlights too.
Cause I know my weakness, know my voice,
Now I believe in grace and choice,
And I know perhaps my heart is farce,
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Last edited by *Firefly*; March 22nd, 2011 at 04:29 AM.

make up brushes 101

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search