Do you like drug store brands?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2011, 11:14 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
The title says it all. Do you like drug store brands or do you go for the department store brands? I used to be purely department store brands for my makeup...but honestly, Maybelline has some awesome foundation!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
April 26th, 2011, 02:26 AM
sHaiRah's Avatar JM Addict-In-The-Making
Not alot, really, sometimes for mascara or lipstain.
Except for my guilty pleasure exception... NYC and Wet n Wild. LMAO. I stock up on lipsticks and eyeshadows to play around with so I don't feel bad about "using them up"
April 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM
54321Guest12345
Well, I really hardly ever buy expensive stuff for myself, so all my face knows is drugstore brands! I used Covergiral for so long....I am still using it now, but I have heard a lot of good things about Maybelline superstay foundation, so I will probably be making the switch when I run out of my current foundation. (Which is brand new, so it probably won't be for a while. ) Is there a big difference between drug store and department store? Is department store makeup a lot better?
April 26th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't say department store stuff is always better. Really, I think it all depends on you, your skin, and your needs. I have rosacea so none of the drugstore foundations cover me well, so I use DermaBlend which is pretty expensive but goes a looong way. But I play with eyeshadows so much that I'd go broke if I used department store eyeshadows! Really, if you find something drugstore that works for you, then that's great! Just because something has a name attatched to it that makes it cost forty bucks doesn't ALWAYS mean it's better.
April 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
54321Guest12345
Ok thank you for your insight!
April 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, not all department store brands are going to be good for your skin. I loooooove the superstay foundation from Maybelline. I also really like the Dream Smooth Mousse. It covers really well and stays put a long time as well, but I have dry/normal skin.

April 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I used the Dream Smooth Mousse before I found and fell in love with DermaBlend. I still have my jar of it and sometimes use it if I'm not too red (not often! LOL)

April 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I used to use Derma Blend. LOL. I really didn't need it either. My skin back then was nothing like it is now. I don't know why I was using it...I guess it was just I didn't like anything that I had previously had and wanted something full coverage.

April 27th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I actually (this is gonna sound crazy) use the one for Legs and Body. For tat and scar cover. I use it as a concealer before applying foundation. My redness is THAT bad!

April 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I liek them for Mascara's lip glosses and things like that - I think max factor does some good foundations but I wouldn't like to match myself.
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

June 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
I use some of them. They're not that bad. Actually they're really good
June 26th, 2011, 01:19 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
honestly it depends on what it is..i will use some store brand things though.
July 16th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Super Mommy
I'm some of each. Some products I use higher-end. I love MAC eyeshadows and lipsticks, Urban Decay Primer Potion and OPI nail polish. Others, you can definitely do drug store and get similar products for much less money.
August 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hello,

I was new to this forum and was browsing through the different sections and found this. I was recently in a tight budget and want some less-costly make up as I ran out with my face powder / foundations. I find the drugstore brands more affordable, but am afraid of the quality of the product (e.g. might cause irritation and breakouts). Anyone had some not-so-good experience with the drugstore brands? If such cases are just rare, I might go and try out some of their products.

Have anyone tried Watsons' make up lines?
August 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I buy whatever is on sale for myself and Bobbi Brown for my daughter because she is prone to break outs.
September 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Regular
I'm pretty picky about my make-up but I have no issues with buying the drugstore brand nail polish and lip gloss.

Natalie
Steve's Wife since 5/2009
Mama to Harper Grace born at home into her daddy's hands on 7/17/2010
October 5th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Yes because some beauty products are cheap compare to the branded items.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search