Why do I buy heels and never seem to walk in them properly?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Motherx3's Avatar <3
I have about 20 pairs of heels that have never been worn due to the fact the hub always says when I do wear them and walk my knees look like there giving out. I'm not the most graceful woman but I really want to bring the ''sexiness'' to my outfits considering I am 21. Help!! Tips on how to walk and be confident in heels!
April 26th, 2011, 11:34 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
How I learned to walk in heels was to bring them with me to the grocery store. Grab a cart and walk around in the while you hold on to the cart. This will help you get used to them. And also, when you stand, bend your knees slightly, have really good posture, keep your head up and shoulders back.

Here's a great you tube video on walking in heels:
YouTube - How to Walk in High Heels Stilettos

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
June 26th, 2011, 02:20 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
HA! just wanted to say you are not alone girl, you are not alone!
July 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Veteran
I actually had a drag queen teach me and according to him, you gotta walk with attitude. Ok, he actually called it "Perfecting Your B.itch Walk", because you cannot wear a sexy pair of heels with no attitude. I had to wear them around forever and pratice my attitude strut. And increse in height slowly. You just can't start out at 4", start with a kitten heel and work from there.
July 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Defy.gravity (love Wicked!) has a good point... start off with some easier shoes. If you're not comfortable with a full heel yet, you could try walking around wedges, it gets your leg/ankles used to walking around at those different heights/angles but you don't feel like you're going to just topple over the way you can with heels.
August 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM
OH.MY.GOD. I just can't put into words how I strongly relate to this thread! D: People around me aren't really comfortable with the thought of me wearing heels as I was already towering over them. And I'm no woman when I'm wearing heels! *creys*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search