Nair

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
PrettyInPink#2
Does anyone use nair or has before? Does the air grow back the same as if you shaved the spot. Like prickly.?
I was thinking about using the nair all over my body because i hate hair ... so i was thinking about getting rid of all the peach fuzz and hair.. do you recommend that or would that be a no no?
June 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
nikkim382's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, I have heard a lot of things about nair...when I used it <--maybe like 3 years back i put it on my legs and got an allergic reaction...but they have changed it since then, so I am not sure what it is like now.

Waiting patiently for my little Leila
</div></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">
</div>
June 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Does anyone use nair or has before? Does the air grow back the same as if you shaved the spot. Like prickly.?
I was thinking about using the nair all over my body because i hate hair ... so i was thinking about getting rid of all the peach fuzz and hair.. do you recommend that or would that be a no no?[/b]
I've used it.. I think my hair is too thick for it to work well. I think for peach fuzz it would be awesome. I would try to refrain `cause I'm afraid it would come back darker and thicker.
July 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i use it on peach fuzz and it works great - and doesn't come back thicker or darker.
July 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
I used to use Nair...but the smell really got to me ...i used to dread having to use it..now they have the scented ones...which are better...but i got so used to shaving now..that i prefer to shave with men's shaving cream....its the best thing i could ever use....and i dont have to shave for about 2-3 weeks....with Nair i found the hair grew back within a couple days...and you cant really tell if u missed a spot until after you wipe everything off

July 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tried Nair last year and wasn't too impressed. I had to use the stuff for course hair because my leg hair is really dark and course and the regular stuff didn't remove anything. Come to think of it...even the course hair remover didnt' take most of the hair off and I was left with itchy skin after but couldn't shave because it was too iritated.

I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin, and the smell isn't very nice.
July 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
boredchem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to boredchem
Quote:
i use it on peach fuzz and it works great - and doesn't come back thicker or darker.[/b]
Have you used it on your arms? I'm tempted to after baby is born, but I just don't how it would grow back and how long you have to wait until you nair again.

View my Flikr account here!

</div>
July 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've used it.. I think my hair is too thick for it to work well. I think for peach fuzz it would be awesome. I would try to refrain `cause I'm afraid it would come back darker and thicker. confused.gif[/b]
Silly, that's an old wive's tale. I have used nair or similar products and I get hives, but then again, I have sensitive skin. I shave my arms and it comes in very fine like before. I love how it feels though. I've never tried Veet but I heard it's better than Nair? Trial and error I guess.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
July 19th, 2006, 10:57 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nair has a great bikini kind of nair!! it comes with a sponge thing to rub off the hair. I found it works way better than just rinsing off the nair (and hair with it)... because I found it didn't work that well. But the sponge really gets the hair out!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search