Nails

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Do you have your nails professionally done, or do them yourself?

What is your favorite color to wear on your nails?

November 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
usually do them myself. my favorite color is yellow or hot pink
November 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
On occasion I'll get them done but not too often. (as in maybe once a year) I don't really have a favorite color. I do tend to use Avon's Rave color most often though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
December 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ohh...pretty color

I do my own and go with just clear polish
December 8th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinangel View Post
ohh...pretty color
Thanks. It's one of my favorites.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
April 25th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Nails are very important part in our hands also these plays a vital role in enhancing the beauty of hands. The attractive looks of your nails add much in your personality also attract the viewer by eye catching look. My favorite nail color is natural pink and light brown.
June 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Mostly I prepare my Nail for myself as you can easily done it and not require any professional to do this. Sometime on special occasion I done it from professionals and my favorite color for nail is Red.
February 5th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't do it myself- I'd surely mess my nails.

My favorite color to wear on my nails is red.
February 6th, 2014, 08:15 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 5 angel babies
i always always always do them myself. i've had the acrylics done and they look really nice .. for about a week then you pay for them for a good six months. i've taken to keeping my nails naturally healthy and they look so much better.

depending on my nail length (because i trim them down short again every few weeks) depends on the color. when they're short i like black. mid length i like red, soft pink, black, white, bright pink. when they are longer, i almost always tip them white.
February 8th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Myself...any color from OPI!
March 16th, 2014, 12:34 AM
I tend to bite them if I do not spend money on getting them done. I have gotten in the habit of getting a French tip manicure every week and a half (give or take) to make sure that they always look presentable. I don’t feel that my results are comparable to getting them done by a professional.
April 24th, 2014, 07:54 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had super long nails since I was little, and always do them myself. I generally have black, either black base under decals/glitter coat, or a black shatter coat on top of colors.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
September 3rd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Veteran
Have yall heard of Jamberry Nails?! I am no troll, I am a mama of two under 3 years old, SAHM, Navy spouse, wanting to educate women regarding this new versatile style that has just recently emerged into the world! Please check this out! As always there is a buy 3 wraps and get one free promotion! The new fall styles have just arrived as of September 1st! Get them before they disappear! Also if anyone would like to throw an online party please PM me and we will go from there! There are great host prizes for throwing online Facebook parties!

Sammysjamberrys.jamberrynails.net Check them out!
Seriously one sheet of nails is the same as: two manicures, AND two pedicures for $15!
In a salon, ONE manicure is that, plus a tip!!!!!
They are BUY 3 WRAP SHEETS GET ONE FREE. Which is equivalent to:::: 16 manicures or 16 pedicures or 8 of each!

Last edited by Natalya'sMommy; September 3rd, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
December 2nd, 2014, 03:50 AM
do them myself. love french manicure
March 3rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
butterfly721's Avatar Mommy-to-be to a baby boy
I got my nails professionally done for years. First, I had acrylics and then I switched to the gel polish. I stopped getting them done, though, because I felt like the salon where I got them done was starting to ruin my nails and I was no longer happy with the service. I'm letting my nails heal naturally for now, but eventually I may buy my own gel LED light and gel polish and just do them myself.

April 17th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Regular
Usually do them myself ,my favorite color is light pink...
May 1st, 2015, 02:54 AM
Regular
I try to have them done professionally every other week as I am really not talented at all. In summer I love wearing hot red and velvety purple and the rest of the time a soft shade of pink or beige because it lasts for longer on my nails. I have natural nails, no acrylic and not planning to.
September 14th, 2015, 01:45 AM
I like blue
April 13th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadi9876 View Post
I try to have them done professionally every other week as I am really not talented at all. In summer I love wearing hot red and velvety purple and the rest of the time a soft shade of pink or beige because it lasts for longer on my nails. I have natural nails, no acrylic and not planning to.
I love nail art , it's my relax. The only problem I find is the shape of the brush - a smidgen wide for my nails…but I still love it anyway! I like to do them weekly after had got some inspiration from pics (now I experiment with matte nails (Essie's, Olry)
There is officially NOTHING worse than chipped nail polish, especially when it is a bold colour. I often see women with their hair and makeup done, dressed nicely, with chipped polish and I think to myself “you should have spent your time this morning taking that off instead of doing your makeup…you would have finished up looking way better overall…”

Last edited by stream26; May 20th, 2017 at 07:39 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search