Ballgowns

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 07:22 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
So every year I get to buy a pretty ballgown for the Army holiday ball. This year I went a little more lavish than I have in the past. I am so anxious to get this dress. Right now it is in Alaska, so hopefully by the end of the week it will be here.
This is the dress I ordered

So if you have a fancy event to go to, do you prefer a traditional ballgown, or do you want to wear something more sultry?

November 30th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I haven't had an event that formal since my senior prom. Then I went sultry. At 5'8 and 114# (at the time) I went with a clingy dress that accentuated my body. Gave the appearance of curves that weren't actually there. LOL Not sure what I'd do now if I needed to.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
November 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I think the only "clingy" dress I have ever worn was my Jr prom. After that I wanted the ballgowns.

My dress actually came in today. So did Andy's new dress blues. So I was a happy camper tearing boxes open. Now momma needs to make my petticoat to go under it and it will be perfect. So thankful it is as beautiful as the picture.

December 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't go to any school dances except Sr Homecoming and Sr prom.

Can't wait to see pictures of the dress!

December 7th, 2011, 04:50 AM
White would have made it more like a wedding gown. I was very thankful for the burgundy color. I have looked all over the place for a reddish or green gown for the ball. I happened to find a few by looking on eBay.

Momma got the alterations on it done, and is finishing up the petticoat since it wasn't fluffy enough. Thankfully the ball isn't until next Friday. It gives a bit more time to do what we need to for the dress and for me to get my jewelry made.

December 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful dress! I get to to Army balls also, but I'm the one in the Army so unfortunately I usually have to wear my uniform
December 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just figured out why I was never interested in dresses like this when I was younger. Between my height and how skinny I was pre-kids, I'd've looked like a bell! LOL

December 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Sleepinangel, is it possible for the service member to wear a dress instead of the Class A's? Half the time I don't even know who the service member is because everyone is either in dresses or suits. This year though, they are making it a requirement for all the soldiers to wear their Class A's.

December 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, it's really up to the Command. In all my units at least one of the two had to be in uniform so when DH was in he wore his Blues and I wore a gown, but since he retired 3 yrs ago I'm the one in uniform and he gets to wear the suit. I hate not being able to get all dressed up in fancy clothes, but then when I'm shopping with my friends for their gowns I'm kind of glad that I don't have to go through the hassle or money of finding the perfect dress.
December 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ahhh, okay. I know that in past years they have been allowed to be out of uniform, but not this year. Today I have to go pick Andy's uniform up since the alterations are done on it. I'm not fond of these new dress blues. To me the Army is supposed to be green. It is what it is though.

Where are you stationed out of?

June 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
This is really fantastic and beautiful traditional ball gown and I am looking for such kind of Ball gown. So will please provide me some information about it that from where you have purchase it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search