Bad Bad Sunburn

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used SPF 50 but was not aware my med made me VERY sensitive to light (and that's putting it nicely) my chest and tummy are lobster red pushing the deep red purple. I am using noxema for the stinging and then solarcaine and lidocane spray.. any products you guys know of? I really don't want to peel either.

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
July 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Shellberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi-use aloe vera gel!--you can get it at the dollar store (like dollar tree) for a buck-& stock up-lol you need to put it on about 10 times a day.
I usually use aspirin to take away the red and burn....but that's a no no now, lol--
July 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Take Vitamin E and you can also break open the capsules and use on your skin.
Take cool or cold showers (warm/hot water not only hurts it will make you peel) and try not to sweat.

July 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
mrobinson
((Too busy looking at OP's family to answer))
July 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Margarita's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HTH!

Treatment of sunburns
- If used early, moisturizers with aloe applied three times a day may help reduce swelling, pain and discomfort.
- Extra fluids should be consumed to prevent dehydration.
- Taking cool (not cold) baths and applying cool compresses may help alleviate discomfort.
- Ibuprofen containing products may also reduce swelling, pain and discomfort. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- Acetaminophen containing products may also help reduce pain and discomfort. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- If peeling occurs, a moisturizer may be applied. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- An antibiotic cream may be applied to broken blisters to prevent possible infection. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- Ointments, Vaseline® and butter should not be applied to sunburns. These products are painful to remove and prevent heat from escaping the burned area.

A physician should be notified if:
- the sunburn is severely painful or if a fever over 100.5° F is present.
- an infant under 1 year old is sunburned.
- multiple or infected blisters appear or if signs of dehydration appear

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search