Hair help please !!!

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2012, 08:57 AM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
I have an issue with the back of my hair being greasy feeling . I have been washing my hair everyday to try to get rid of it and its not working ! I used to wash my hair every few days til this started . I am using Dove shampoo and conditioner and that used to be good on my hair now its not helping . What can I do ??? help me please

February 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Lurking . Dove shampoo and conditioner did the same so me. Was your hair with baby shampoo (that strips it of all build up) then when you do wash and condition only condition the bottom half of your hair dont get it on your scalp. Also, a quick fix for greesy hair is to put in some baby powder. Good luck.
February 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you !!! I will try that .... I have to add your baby is so darn cute !!! So precious

February 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
People with oily hair tend to over wash their hair, exacerbating the problem. Shampoo has really harsh chemicals that strip your hair and scalp of natural oils, so your bodies natural response is to produce more oil!

I would recommend completely ditching shampoo. Washing (physically washing your hair) with condition is sufficient and, although I don't now, I did this for many years and had hair that was shinier and less oily then when I used shampoo. My hair would also stay fresher for longer.

Pinterest
Flickr
February 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM
That could work too . I used to wash my hair every 3 days so maybe if I tried that again it will balance out . Thank you Both !!!

February 16th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I think baby shampoo really works great..I used baby shampoo twice in a week.My hair is dry and fizzy.I had excellent experience after regular use of baby shampoo.Baby shampoo is only one i have found which makes my hair waves non fizzy.
June 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Many people face such kind of problems nowadays and according to me the main reason for such kind of problems is use of low quality and chemical used hair care products. So always use quality product and also in minimal way.
July 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Stop using the conditioner for a week. And your hair will become less greasy!
May 31st, 2013, 04:01 AM
Baby shamoo work better then conditioner.
December 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i use baking soda once a week with my shampoo. as woman, we tend to overload our hair with product and if you're like me and already have crazy-greasy hair to begin with, it can turn a bad situation worse. basically once a week or so, i pour a regular amount of shampoo into the palm of my hand, and i add about a tablespoon of Arm & Hammer. and it works.

that same time i do that, i also do a conditioning treatment so not only is my hair manageable, but totally soft. only do that once or twice a week though. i frickin' love baking soda!

how are you conditioning? in reality, your roots don't need conditioner, they use the natural oils from your skin. so adding conditioner to that will make your hair greasier, faster. only the ends should be conditioned.

avoid too much product on the roots if you can. same sort of concept where it can make it look like you haven't shampooed in days when it's only been about 8 hours.

hope it all helps!

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
February 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I have the same problem!
June 28th, 2014, 10:27 PM
i also agree that baby shampoo is best for hair. it make hair smooth and soft. coconut oil and olive oil is best. apply it at night and massage in circles..wash in morning and must trimming your hair after 6 month.
August 1st, 2014, 12:09 AM
i find one for you. did you heard of kerastase? it is from paris, i think it works well, although a little expensive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search