Short or Long hair?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I've had long hair since I was a toddler. I love having long hair and everyone compliments my long hair. My freshman year of high school my aunt convinced me to chop all my hair off to my ears and it was the worst decision of my life lol. I look back at my pictures and don't know what got into me to cut it! It all depends on what you like on yourself. A lot of people can rock short hair very well but for me, long hair just looks better and I feel more confident with it.
February 24th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I love my long hair. I have cut it short a couple of times just to be different, but I always feel better with it long! My husband loves my hair longer too!
July 28th, 2016, 02:41 AM
mum7's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelc0 View Post
i used to have very long hair, it went past the middle of my back. and i loved it. but after a while i decided i wanted something new. DH loved my long hair, but hated when i colored it blonde (he liked it dark). but he said i looked best w/ shoulder-length hair. so feeling antsy for something new, i hacked it off. and loved the new length ... for about a week.

now i regret it and can't wait to have my long hair back lol
this is just like me
TWIN B GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
August 29th, 2016, 05:34 AM
BlueMoon82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hair is usually longer than shoulder length with layers cut in. At times though I'll go shorter. Right now, because my stylist had to fix a weird haircut I'd gotten with a different stylist, it's at my shoulders which is longer than my "short" but shorter than my "long".

My boyfriend prefers longer hair and longer hair is better for the event based promo work I have done.

Since when is considering the opinion or feelings of the person you love oppressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
I like my hair short better. I have a pixie cut now & get more male attention and compliments than when my hair is long.

I don't care what my husband likes or dislikes. It's my hair so my choice! What is this the 50's????

August 31st, 2016, 06:54 AM
i have short hair
September 27th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I have short hair
October 4th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Hello! I always prefer long hair, short doesn't suit me. My husband really likes the length of my hair, I had short hair and he didn't like it. I usually try to make a new hairstyle, make cute homecoming hayrstiles as they are simple and practical. The only disadvantage of the long hair, is caring for them. A lot of time has to be spent for wash, dry and put them. Good luck to all!

Last edited by Dreluckel; October 5th, 2016 at 05:41 AM.
November 1st, 2016, 08:52 AM
now I have long hair but after this winter I am going to cut it down
February 11th, 2017, 03:13 AM
Hi there, I used to have a long hair because short hair gives me a bad look.
February 11th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Regular
I get so frustrated with people talking about if short hair works with their "face shape". Men never have anyone talk about their face shape, haha! I don't think I've ever seen a woman with a pixie and thought "wow her face is the wrong shape".

I will say though... growing one out is an exhausting process! So much awkward in between stages. Anyone else gone through this recently?
March 29th, 2017, 06:18 AM
I think short hair cuts can be really lovely ,I don't mind them at all. (Well, there's ONE kind of short hair cut I don't like. It's this generic one every lady over 40 I work with seems to have. I don't get it. It's just short. Period. Maybe with a bit of poof at the top/back. It's like the hair has just given up). When I was in my late teens to early twenties I used to just cut my own hair and keep it short It wasn't the prettiest look, granted, but I suspect it had more to do with my not so awesome skills and lack of interest in hair, ha ha!

Last edited by stream26; May 20th, 2017 at 07:36 AM.
May 7th, 2017, 02:51 AM
I have medium length hair and I used to manage them with some special hair styles and use Stylish hair comb to pack them whenever I go for outing.
May 25th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Quote:
I have medium length hair and I used to manage them with some special hair styles and use Stylish hair comb to pack them whenever I go for outing.
Please tell me more what do you do with your hair?
My hair is shoulder length and I really like doing half-ups. I will gather the top half back and secure it with a clip (I love using xs flexi-8 clips). Or I will take the top half and twist it up to make a sort of half bun thing, then secure it with short sticks or micro mini forks from GrahToe Studios. It's looks like a pic if you are curious

I know some have luck doing French/Dutch braids or another awesome things like http://newaylook.com/best-medium-length-hairstyles/. But I am horrible at braiding and my layers would fall out all over the place. You might have better luck.

Last edited by stream26; May 25th, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
September 11th, 2017, 07:29 AM
I prefer a long hair
September 11th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Hello! As for me, if you really like long hair, then you don't need a short haircut. Maybe, you should change the color of your hair in order to change your style. I recently read the very intresting article about light brown hair color from http://lovehairstyles.com/light-brow...hts-lowlights/ and I really like this shade. To be honest, it looks very cool and especially with long hair. I recommend!

Last edited by Dreluckel; September 12th, 2017 at 02:41 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search