Pregnany symptoms while bf...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, let me introduce myself. My name is SUsan and I have 3 children. My youngest is almost 5 months and is bf. I am taking the "mimi pill" but have missed a few days here and there. We are also using condoms for extra protection I want a large family but we are NOT TTC right now! I have been having a lot of nausea in the evenings (usually around the same time), I have been emotional, very tires, and hungry all of the time. I feel like I might be pregnat but I wonder what the likelyhood of this is. I mean we are using 3 forms of birth control! I will say that he has had a few bottles of formula so is not exclusily bf but I would say 90% of the time is breast milk. He goes about 6-8 hrs at night without bf'ing. So I guess it is poss. to have ovulated but..... then I am taking the mini pill, like I said I have missed 3 doses in 3 months. AND.... we use a condom(which is latex free and apparently is not as affective as the regular kind. Do you girls think there is any chance I might be pregnant? I really dont like the mini pill because you have to take it at the same exact time everyday and that is hard for me but there isnt much else to take while bf'ing

Thanks girls

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
July 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM
EarthyMama's Avatar Veteran
Well,all I can say is that there is obviously a chance of pregnancy. If I were you I would take a test to be make sure. Have you had your period yet?

Maybe you should look into some other form of BC..Have you thought about an IUD? You could go with Mirena or a non-hormonal IUD which is some of the safest forms of BC to use while breastfeeding. Or(even though I never reccomend this) the Depo-shot is also safe to take while breastfeeding.

I had the Mirena for about a year 1/2..It seemed like the best option for me,since I was breastfeeding,and I did not want the shot and didn't want the pill..I had no problem with the Mirena IUD.But had it removed back in May so we could start TTC again.. Maybe you should talk with your doctor about a different form of BC if you aren't pregnant now and don't want to become pregnant. Either way good luck!

</div>
July 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I haven't heard very good things about the mini-pill being effective, regardless of the fact that they keep prescribing it. Between the length of time he's sleeping at night and the few bottles of formula I'd say there is a good possibility that you are pg. Have you actually tested yet? $ store tests are effective too, and cheap!

July 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the help girls. I plan on testing just to be safe. I didnt realize the mini pill was that ineffective. hmmmm...... I have also tried the mirena iud and that is how we got our DS I guess I am very fertile so I will have to be careful. Its not like we dont want more children because we do. We just want to wait a lil longer.

July 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Regular
I hate to say this but I got pregnant while nursing and taking the Mini-pill.

I would def. Test.

July 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so I tested and its a BFN. I am relieved but a little tiny part of me is sad. I know it crazy but I am a little sad. I have 3 beautiful kids and they are all so young that its a good idea for our family to wait just a little bit. Thanks again for all your help.

July 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search