So.. where do I start

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2008, 11:42 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Beth, I have a 7 month old that I am breastfeeding. This is the 1st time I've breastfed any of my children, and I want to ttc. I have not had a period back yet, and have had a copper IUD in since 6 weeks pp. Obviously my first step is to go to the doc and have the IUD out, but do you think I should wait til I get a first period or just go and have it taken out now? (I also have a question about cracked nips to ask about, frustrating to start having nursing problems at 7 months!)

She eats everything under the sun, and CAN take a bottle (has 1 time only), she sucks her thumb, but still gets up to eat at night. She goes streches for 6 hours sometimes at night (or for afternoon nap even) but not very frequently. I always nurse before I feed her solids. TMI part, ever since I got the IUD I've had more vaginal discharge than I ever had with the pill, I never have had the extreme dryness that they talk about while breastfeeding. So what do you think my steps should be? I really don't want to introduce formula, but am not planning on nursing too much after a year, though all my kids still had bottles til they were around 18 months old, so that plan may change only for her comfort.

July 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I would say if you want to start TTC then it's ok to have the IUD removed. You could try to stretch her a little longer at night slowly by having DH go in and comfort her back to sleep instead of you going in. If you go in she may expect to nurse. That is assuming you aren't co-sleeping. We are TTC and I'm still breastfeeding our 9 month old. I don't have AF back yet either and it's driving me crazy. I know she'll come eventually and it's kind of funny to think how badly I want AF right now but at no other time in my life would I or will I want it, lol.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
~*~AIMEE~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ Same here. Zander will be one year old at the end of this month. I feel crazy to WANT AF to come back. I am enjoying her being away, but I want another baby.
August 11th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The IUD removal is step one, as you've said. Sleeping through the night should help encourage AF to return. In the mean time you can start charting temperatures and/or invest in a saliva scope.

Lots of luck and baby dust!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search