I'm a newbie :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2008, 04:53 AM
I posted on the TTC board and thought you ladies would be able to help me as well. I just weaned my 9 month old daughter 2 weeks ago to TTC #2. I have not had a period since before she was conceived. The first day I took my temp I was 97.2, and then 97.3 for 3 days, and the last 2 days have been 97.5. I have not charted before. I am new the the whole CM checking too. This may be a stupid question or TMI I am having a hard time distuinguishing CM between my husbands leftovers - lol.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

August 1st, 2008, 07:57 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I think it is really hard to discern between the two since they both have the same type of properties. I suggest just continue DTD as long as you have CM that is close to that consistency. You never know and it's better safe than miss it! Welcome to the forum! My son is 9.5 months old and I just started getting my period back last weekend. I am still nursing though so it could be a while before things regulate for me.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the forum!

As far as distinguishing between the two EWCM will continue to stretch and not break, sperm will break. Or you can do the water test. CM will ball up and sink, while sperm will float.

August 4th, 2008, 05:50 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
CM is hard to tell sometimes, my problem is, is it ewcm or arousal fluid. LOL

Good luck!

As far as weaning and TTC.... it could be a week or so for your cycle to return or it could be a few months too. Everyone is different.

I have never weaned to get my cycle back to start TTC, my cycle has sometimes come back while nursing and a few times, didn't even come back after my little one self weaned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search