TTC #4

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I lurk here a lot lately but dont usually post. I have been thinking about TTC #4 My DS is 6 months old but I have not had a AF yet. From your experiences if I TTC right now do you think I stand a chance of a BFP? He will go 6-8 hrs w/o nursing at night X2. Also, if he is going longer w/o nursing, i.e. starting solids, when should I expect to get AF? I dont plan on weaning to TTC but wonder what my odds are at this time. He will occasionaly get formula as well. In total he nurses approx.4-5 /day. I am also currently on the mini pill. I will stop that to TTC obviously but do you think that could be keeping af away??? I read about the mini pill online and could find out weather it stopped af or not??? ANY BTDT mommies with some info. would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Susan

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
August 6th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Lots of women actually get pregnant while on the mini pill so I don't think that's stopping AF from coming. Also, some women don't get AF back at all until they stop nursing totally. I just got mine back a few weeks ago and my son is 9.5 months old. Apparently AF can be very unpredictable when it returns if you are still breastfeeding so I say just start trying. You never know!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for you help. I have heard the same thing about people getting pg on the mini pill. I wonder why Dr's still use it if it is that ineffective .

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
August 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Placebo effect? AF didn't come back for me until DD was a year old and she started sleeping through the night completely. And even though a lot of women have anovulatory cycles for the first one or two, some women do ovulate their first cycle, so it could happen! My mom went nearly three years with no AF because she got pg on her first O.

August 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking here too.... We are talking about starting ttc at the end of the month. Noah is 16 months old and still nurses 2x/day and 1x/night. I still have not had AF since having him. Every person is so different. I was going to wait until I had weaned Noah completely, but who knows how long it will take. I think that's one reason we're just going to start and see what happens.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

August 11th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AF showed up for me when DS was 3 months old. So it's different for everyone. For the first six months, breastfeeding is a highly effective form of birth control. After that the chances of fertility are significantly higher.

August 23rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I know you don't want to hear this, but I didn't get AF until dd was 17 mo. old. That cycle was over 120 days.....I've had May, June, July and nothing for this cycle, yet. I saw the Dr. 2 weeks ago and he put me on progesterone because my luteal phase is down to 6-7 days. We wanted to conceive before dd first birthday. I was anxious and frustrated until Jan. and then again until May and still now because doc says I may not even be ovulating. We bf at bedtime, in am about 6 and then once during the day only occasionally. So.....he said I'm one of those people whose bodies is just more sensitive than others. I had to give up bfing, and dd is not ready. Unfortunately, it's not up to us. I have friends whose cycle started right at six months when they started solids..sooo not fair!

That's life....que sera sera
Best wishes to all of you, especially positive thinking(which sometimes I lack)

B
August 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby is 6 months old, been sleeping through the night since about 6 weeks old, just started solids last week and no af.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search