Hi girls!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Hi all, my name is Sarah, 22, DH is Dustin 23 and our first child, Jackson Thomas was born 02/28/08. I am still breastfeeding (obviously ) but Jack does stay with MIL two days a week so i pump and he is also going to be starting solids in two weeks. We are planning on TTC #2 in Dec/Jan and i will (hopefully) still be bfing then. I have a couple questions...

1. I haven't had a 'real' AF yet. I did have some spotting one day two weeks ago then some more spotting two days after that. Should i be considering this AF for charting purposes? And should i expect AF sometime soon now that i've started spotting?

2. I have been on the mini-pill since i was 2 weeks pp, but i am thinking that maybe i should get off of that since we are planning on ttc in 5 months or so just to make sure i don't have any difficulties related to bc still being in my system???

3. I have read that there a higher chance of concieving twins while bfing, do you know if there is any truth to this statement?

Thanks for your help girls! Hopefully you don't mind seeing me around here more often

August 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
3. I have read that there a higher chance of concieving twins while bfing, do you know if there is any truth to this statement?[/b]
Really?? I'm already at higher risk of twins with natural multiples in both our families.....off to do some research

August 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
3. I have read that there a higher chance of concieving twins while bfing, do you know if there is any truth to this statement?[/b]
I hadn't heard of that. But very interesting.

Welcome to the board.

August 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yep, 9% increase chance. Will find the link later, baby is demanding my attention

August 17th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yep, 9% increase chance. Will find the link later, baby is demanding my attention [/b]
That's pretty cool. I would love twins.

August 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Hi there! Never heard the twin thing (wouldnt some of us LOVE that though) but did want to say Hey!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
August 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Most basically say the same thing and arent that deep in detail, but here we go:
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/chance-of-h...diet-10638.html
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/multiplepreg...oddsoftwins.htm
http://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/qt/...ohavetwinsa.htm
http://www.ehow.com/how_2109825_.html
http://www.twinstuff.com/wiki/index.php/Ho..._conceive_twins

August 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the links.

August 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Hmm so i guess the twinning thing is accurate. Thats cool. I would love to have twins, just not the pregnant with twins part. Just because i had a complicated pg with just one so i can imagine what it would be like if i was having multiples.

Oh and i stopped taking the pill so we are just using condoms right now which i absolutely hate but oh well and i started chartin last week so that i can know if i am ovulating (which i'm pretty sure i am not).

August 20th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Mommy2Josiah
Welcome to the boards! I've also heard that the chance of conceiving twins increases when your BFing - in fact I had a friend who was BFing her DD and got pregnant with her twins when her DD was 11 months and she was still BFing at that time. I would imagine that it holds some truth to it, as our cycles aren't always on schedule with all the hormones varying for us. Good luck with TTC and hope you get your BFP soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search