Beastfeeding... Does it effect your luteal pahse???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am TTC and my LP has been about 8 days... I am O'ing on CD 16 and AF is showing on CD24... any thoughts???
August 21st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Yes, the prolactin produced by your body while breastfeeding can shorten your LP. I just found this out this week. I normally have a 14 day LP and this was the first month full charting so I just noticed it. I do know there are things you can do to lengthen it but I dont know how safe it is while BF. They are vitamen b complex, b6 b12, chastberry/vitex, and clomid. I know there are other things out there as well. dO ME A FAVOR, If you find an answer before me would you share? Id really like to conceive soon, but wont give up nursing to do it, KWIM?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
August 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
I am in the same boat as both of you. I just received a prescrip for Prometrium from my Dr. I have a 2 year old who would bf every 2 hours if I let her, but we are down to 2-3 times per day. I didn't get my cycle back until she was 20 mo. old. I have been charting since Jan. I have only had 4 complete cycles, one of those being 123 days long. I bought a CBEFM and it says that I have been having "peak" days. When I showed my charts to ob/gyn he said he didn't think I was ovulating at all. He said that luteals should be finite. That would suggest no "O". He did give me a scrip....so i'm crossing my fingers. My LP's have only been 6-7 and today makes 8, so I have gained one more day from the meds. We'll see what happens. I have taken B6 and Vitex since March....

Good luck to all

Becky
August 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Here are some links to info about luteal phase competence. Oh by the way BEASTfeeding doesn't sound like a good idea, i prefer BREASTfeeding

http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/bf.htm

http://www.thebabycorner.com/page/1342/

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fe...tml#transition

Some other message boards said B6 and red raspberry tea leaf help alot with increasing fertility too.

HTH!!!

August 22nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
[quote]
Oh by the way BEASTfeeding doesn't sound like a good idea, i prefer BREASTfeeding

Hahaha... I usually catch my typos! Maybe it was by subconsious speaking! Dylan has been a little monster the last few days! Anyhow, thanks for the links... I'm going to check it out...

I'mm pretty sure I am O'ing, just gotta get the LP longer! Last month the LP was short, but month before it was normal... I think I will try some b-6 and check on the vitex... Meanwhile I am going to try and get an appointment with my doc (she has a wait sometimes)...

I am in that dreaded 2WW so maybe, I just might get lucky!

Thanks for the replies, I feel goog that I'm not the only one!
August 25th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of luck. I am gearing up to go full force into the supplements as soon as DH returns from deployment.

August 25th, 2008, 10:27 PM
blessedw/3boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only had 3 pp AF's. The first one, I don't think I O'd (never got a + OPK) and it was a 31 day cycle. With the 2nd, I got a definite + OPK, then got AF early at 10dpo (cd26) which is not normal for me. I am in the middle of my 3rd cycle right now...I got a + OPK yesterday, and I think I O'd today (cd16). I hope to have a longer lp this cycle-like 9 months long! I was on progesterone suppositories while ttc Tyson (I had low progesterone with my 3rd m/c). I saw my OB last week, and told him we were ttc again. He told me that he would put me on progesterone as soon as I got my bfp. If I don't get pregnant in the next 2-3 months and I'm still having short LP's, I am going to talk to him about starting to take the progesterone right after O'ing (like I have in the past). That can help lengthen your LP.

Thank You Caitlin for my beautiful siggy!
August 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going to make an appointment to see my doc if this cycle is a no go.... looking back over my cycles most of them have had short LP... It has been six months, so I think enough time has passed..

I hope we get BFP soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search