Calling all graduates!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Calling all TTC while breastfeeding graduates! Could you please share your encouraging story for the rest of us?

September 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
bumpity bump, maybe some of them will see it just scrolling through the board...

September 17th, 2008, 11:17 AM
CrunchyCountry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
even tho we werent technically ttc yet when we did i thought i would pop in anyways dont give up ladies! it will happen for you when its meant to to all!
September 23rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Ok, well I hope this encourages you ladies! So we decided to start TTC again in July. I hadn't gotten my first AF yet since Bryson was born so we figured it could take a while. About two weeks later I got AF surprisingly enough. So we were pretty excited and I bought some OPK's online (a 100 pack no less, lol) because, again, we knew it could be months before I would ever ovulate. 35 days later I got a positive OPK and couldn't believe it. We DTD that night and then extremely early in the morning (like 2:00 a.m.) the following night. I was concerned that we may have missed it because we didn't get to DTD during the day after the first positive OPK. I had lots of pain in my left ovary all day that day and just knew I was finally ovulating. So my temps over the next two weeks were not the best and I started to think I never even O'ed at all. I started looking online and found that false positive OPK's are pretty common among breastfeeding women since our bodies can gear up to O but the not O due to a number of reasons. I was so bummed and thought this was going to go on forever. Then around 9 dpo I couldn't fight the urge and took a test. I thought I saw a line but wasn't certain and DH said he could see it but it was way after the time limit when he saw it so I dismissed it an evap. Then two days later I took another test and it was definitely positive. I was in total shock that it happened that quickly and I'm still a little shocked.

If you want to take a look at my chart here it is:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1878ba

It's not the prettiest one but I somehow still got that BFP!

I hope you all get your BFP's soon. Good luck to all of you!!! *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

September 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I have been charting since my first PP in march. I started taking temps again and the first month didnt show anything. The second month showed an ovulation with a 6 day LP. This last month I got some opks. I was still temping and had brownish spotting for the first two days I opked. Ive been told it could mean a really strong o. I thought the first one I took was positive but I kept testing because POAS is an urge not to be resisted. Low and Behold almost a week later I get a TRUE positive. Hubby was too tired to DTD except one day that weekend. My temps were being stupid, and I didnt get CH for several days after I thought I would get them. I thought it was a good practice run for next month. I only took the test on Sunday afternoon because they were calling my name. We were out to lunch! I THOUGHT I saw a faint barely there line, but I wasnt sure. After three minutes I gave up and put it in my purse with hope in my heart. I couldnt stop smiling because I have never even gotten an evap so I was so hopeful. AFter lunch my hubby was paying the bill and I took the kids to the car and decided to check it one more time. There were two definet pink lines, faint but there. I asked my two oldest if they saw anything, and they both got wide eyed and asked did that mean I was pregnant? Then I saw Joe coming out of the restaraunt and I ran across the parking lot shouting and showed him, and even he saw it. Later that day (2 hours) I took an equate and didnt see anything. That night I took another FRER and it was darker. I have about 7 stashed away. The equate is seeable now, and the FRER is dark.
Just so you know, I have never had this happen. All 4 other times I have been pregnant, I have had to do so much to get that way. Its always taken at least 7 mths. Anyway, thats my story.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
mater bibit
I first came to JM because of this forum .. I just wasn't here very long.

I think I had been BFing for around 5 months when AF returned and that first time was quite long and heavy. Five weeks later it came again which is normal for me (5 week cycle, that is - although it always seems to be shorter on the months I actually conceive) and AF was totally acting weird that second time. I would bleed only in the mornings and very lightly. It was more like spotting that over some odd days got heavy and then eased up again but it was only in the mornings and ended after 8 days. It totally freaked me out. The third time totally surprised me by coming early. It hadn't even been 4 weeks since the start of the previous one but if I recall, the bleeding itself was pretty normal. That was the last one I had because 3 weeks after that I started getting suspicious because my hair suddenly started falling out more than usual and at 4 weeks we had a BFP. I only tested at 4 weeks because somehow I was a week ahead of myself and had been thinking it was 5 weeks. Anyway .. we're due in February with a baby boy!
October 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the stories. Keep them coming.

October 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyTheresa
Hi all =)

For a while I was in the 'not trying not preventing' group. I was still waiting for my AF and cycle before we officially began TTC'ing. It seemed like we were trying for forever...of course this was not the case, but I'm sure some of you ladies know what the feeling is like? AF returned at once Gabriella turned around7 months or so (I don't remember exactly at the moment). Then we started TTC'ing. We TTC'ed for over a year, before we got a BFP. If we didn't get a BFP that time around we we're thinking of taking a break and waiting a few months.

Good luck to all you TTC while breastfeeding mommas!

October 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Navykay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey! Just popping in to share my BFP story. I'm still bfing my 14 month old DS and DH and I decided mid September that we were going to TTC again. He was going to deploy the day before I Oed, so we decided we'd give it a go before he left, then really get down to business when he got back. Well, much to my surprise, it worked! It did help that my cycles were pretty much back on track. I, unfortunately, got AF back when my little guy was just 2 months old, and began Oing straight away.

So, we bd on cd 11 and I Oed cd 13. By cd 23, I had my bfp! There were a few clues, including sporadic let down sensations which I hadn't had since DS was really tiny. I was also peeing a lot, sleeping a lot and eating a lot. All that right off the bat, led me to take a test. Anyway, it definitely can happen! Quickly even!

October 20th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Navykay. H&H 9 months to you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search