when was your first PPAF???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
wifeNmommy84's Avatar Veteran
Hello all!!

i hardly ever post here cause i weaned my dd in January........her choice. But anyways! i cant remember for the life of me when my first PPAF was with my 1st dd. Now i weaned my daughter in January and i thought i would get AF by now. hubby and i are ttc #3 and having a period would help a bit! i had cramping last week but nothing happened........then Saturday i had spotting and pink stuff on tp when i wiped. just wondering when all you got your PPAF if you even did!! thanks ladies!

THANK YOU MISTY for my terrific siggy!

February 16th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Snowpeas
I'm no help, I got my first PPAF when my dd was four months to the day, despite exclusively bf'ing, bf'ing on demand, and at night.

I hope she comes for you soon so you can get to bd'ing!
February 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was three months PP when my period arrived. So I'm no help either. I hope she arrives soon.

February 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got mine at 9mths but despite my daughter now being 2 and a half I am still not fully fertile - I ovulate but it is too close to AF for implantation.

I was thinking though - have you tried a preg test? Only you could have caught your first ovulation and the spotting was implantation??? The cramping was likely to be ovulation cramping not AF cramping so a week later for spotting sounds perfect timing! (6 - 12 days for implantation after ovulation)

Jo xxx

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
February 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got my first PP AF at about 8 months. About the time she started solids. Maybe you are pregnant?? If not I hope she comes soon so you guys can start TTC.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
February 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my 1st AF 5 weeks after weaning completely, I tried the introducing solids deal, only nursing at night etc etc, she STILL didn't come til that long after. I only got 1 though .

February 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Regular
I am having the same problem. I weaned about 1 mth ago (DS was 13 1/2 mths) and still nothing. I am not sure if I have ovulated, although FF seems to think so- but if that was the case I would have seen AF by now on day 14 of DPO. I am not pregnant and my temps have been wacky. We are TTC #3 and with #2 caught the first egg after weaning at a year and was pregnant by now. Can't figure out what is going on......
February 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't stress too much, if you feel better just test once a week until AF comes. I am looking forward to not getting AF til I wean this new baby too, I plan on nursing this one for longer than Rebecca.

February 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My son is over 13 months and I still haven't had a period. Kellymom states that the average time for it's return is 14.5 months for those who BF on demand.
February 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to joyfulmomma
I had my first pp AF a couple days after my son turned a year. Granted I haven't had one since.

February 27th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I'm still nursing my 12 months old. My first PPAF showed up 30 days ago. He started sleeping through the night in November, so...about 6 weeks before my fist AF.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

March 1st, 2009, 08:01 AM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
7 months.

March 3rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Still waitng for AF here! Which is OK but I do hope she will come soonish. With DD I don't remember exactly but I know it was between 5 and 9 months - somewhere in there I had a return of AF.
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search