OK - My countdown begins!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today is 7dpo so following the last few cycles patterns AF should come tomorrow! Or Sat as I've had a few 8dpo's before she comes. But I increased my B6 mid-cycle this month and am praying it stretches my luteal phase even by one day (to 9day LP)!
I'm feeling good! I had loads of EWCM and some spotting in the 9days pre-ov and I have a 5dpo dip instead of the usual 3 or 4dpo. Also my boob soreness and mood and other post-ov/AF signs are greatly reduced.

Anyhoo..I'll prob be moping here with bad news tomorrow! lol but thought it was nice to have somewhere to countdown if it does stretch out a bit longer!

Jo xxx
March 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Hugs I hope your not mopping around here tomorrow! I am with you on the waiting right now, I am 8 dpo right now if AF shows fingers crossed it doesn't it would show on or around April 1st (april fools ahhh)
March 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok - well fingers crossed for us both then!

Jo xxx
March 27th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OK - so temp rise today so 8dpo and unlikely AF will come today! Yay! Although I think my body is gearing up to it (very slight cramping and some EWCM yesterday)

Most annoying is that spot of EWCM - if I enter it on my fertility chart it changes my ovulation day to DC21 instead of CD19 which of course changes my 8dpo! Now I won't know if my LP does extend if I go beyond 9dpo or if my ovulation date is wrong! I swear someone UP there likes playing these games with me! Whenever I think I know my body something changes!

Jo xxx
March 27th, 2009, 07:12 AM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
thinking good thoughts for you honey!! sorry i havent replied to your PM... my husb is going out of town for six weeks and its been mad trying to get him organised!! im excited to see if the B6 thing works out for you
hugs love axxx

March 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
Fingers crossed for you!

If it helps any, of my 7 pregnancies, the Only pregnancy that I did Not have any early symptoms with, was my last pregnancy - the only pregnancy I had while breastfeeding
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

March 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck Jo! Fingers crossed for a longer LP or a pregnancy!!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

March 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I am really not thinking pregnancy (as much as one can when ttc) so just focussing on a lengthy LP! But now I am not gonna know for sure...someone on a charting site said not to enter the EWCM data as she used OPK's too and found the first reading was accurate despite EWCM changing her's too. That could mean good news for me! I felt some ovulation pain on CD 19 too so again I think I am going to go with that one and also because I had EWCM so much upto that day then nothing.

LOL - you should have heard me explaining that to my hubby! I could see his head spinning! He can't see why I can't just not chart and 'let it happen' but I feel until my LP lengthens we have zero chance at pregnancy so I NEED to know! If I start having 10 day + LP's I definitely will stop charting! But until then.......

Wish me luck that AF doensn't come tomorrow!!!

Jo xxx
March 27th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Wishing you oddles and oddles of luck that she doesn't show!

I have 3 more days before she could possibly show. Fingers crossed she stays away for both of us!
March 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well still no sign! And temp still high so unlikely she'll be here today (although I'm taking a pad to work just incase). If it comes tomorrow that puts me on a 9dpo but I am more inclined to think my ovulation day is wrong than to celebrate. Bit of a bummer!

Jo xxx
March 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
baby dust baby dust!!!
love axxx

March 29th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol, thanks Amanda! But I am trying hard not to think bfp and just concentrating on how long my LP is!
Still no AF today! But woke early, took my temp and it was low but went back to sleep and took my temp at normal time and it was high! So still don't know what to expect! I think I am having mild cramps so am just telling myself AF is coming to avoid disappointment. I've kept the high temp on my chart but will change it to the low temp if AF comes.

Of course even if AF does show today that is great for my LP to have reached 9days IF I ovulated CD19 but otherwise - with CD21 - I am just normal 7day LP....*frown*

Jo xxx
March 29th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I was holding my breath when I saw you had posted in here again. I am happy to hear she hasn't shown, fingers crossed that dip is just from taking your temp a a different time than normal!
March 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm back from work and wore a pad all day but it still isn't here!

I'm trying sooooo hard not to get excited or happy! If it comes tomorrow (or tonight) that means my Lp is either a fab 10 or a normal 8 *pout*. If I get beyond tomorrow then I really really will have cause to celebrate because that will be long even for a CD21 ovulation!

Thanks for keeping me company on my wait Bretanah!

Jo xxx
March 29th, 2009, 11:40 AM
go go go long LP!!!
or
go go go BFP!!!
hehehe

March 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well its here Only spotting at the mo. But I have put all the data on my chart and it changed to CD21 then back to CD19 (but dotted line meaning its unsure) but that does mean I made it to a 10 day LP first time ever since charting! Thats got to be good right! So the B6 has obviously worked (and better than Vitex which did nothing) and I didn't take the double dose all cycle so it'll be interesting if next cycle is even better. Darn....gotta wait a whole new cycle now!!!

Jo xxx
March 29th, 2009, 10:29 PM
good news on the LP!!! maybe i'll up my dose too! so u r taking 300mg now?

March 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I can't help but do a happy dance for you right now! my fingers are crossed so tight that you will make it past tomorrow! Stay away AF your so not wanted on this board all around!
March 30th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I have been so silly!!! Last month I was really ill had my temp soared and that high temp was on CD1 of my cycle and I just discarded it and my chart is no longer flicking between CD19 and CD21 but is fixed on.............................CD19!!!! So definitely made a 10day LP!!!!!!!!!
And thats with doubling my B6 from 100mg to 200mg mid-cycle so hopefully taking it all this cycle (yep, CD1 again today ) maybe I'll get more or, you know, at least I feel like we've finally got a CHANCE at a BFP! My god! So exciting!

Its said you can go upto 300mg Amanda so if it doesn't change more in another cycle I might up it some more. I have also noticed with B6 a big increase in EWCM before and upto ovulation, an enormous difference in sore-boobs after ovulation (hardly at all) and not even much in the way of PMS. Just some snappiness and such mild cramping I wasn't sure if it was cramping! I used to be such an evil cow before AF it makes me wonder if I have always had some deficiency even before breastfeeding - and maybe even why it took me so long to get pregs before?

Just a word of caution to anyone though - (I know these threads can still be read years later and might help someone) I want to add that as my daughter is 32mths old and we're nearing ending our nursing relationship its not of big consequence if my milk dried up as a side effect (I don't think this IS a side effect of B6) but remember breastfeeding prevents pregnancy for a reason, esp in the first year so I wouldn't recommend trying to change your body chemistry before 12mths when your child is more dependant on mummy-milk!

Thanks again for the support! lol....now gotta do it all again next month! *groan*

Jo xxx
March 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Ok my last post was dense because I missed the one where you said she came how bad was that! Sorry she came but happy dance to the longer LP, that is great! Fingers crossed for you this coming month, best of luck.

Still awaiting AF right now but she has till the 1st so still waiting and not sure if I should test like tomorrow or not!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search