Those w/ no PPAF - have you considered...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
To those of you who haven't gotten PPAF yet, esp. those of you whose LO's are over 1 year, have you considered doing anything to bring AF back? I know Kristenpie and others tried Vitex, but I'm scared to do that. My LO is not nightweaned, and I've thought of sudden nightweaning to bring AF back. Either giving him EBM, or just whole cow's milk in a bottle if he really needs to "nurse" at night. Anyone do this? I read somewhere that esp. after 12-14 months sometimes that's all it takes - sometimes O occurs in as little as 2 weeks. Also, I've read if you can do one 24-hour stint w/o BFing it can bring on AF. I don't want to try that b/c I struggle with a clogged duct now and then. But I have wondered about sudden nightweaning.

What are your thoughts?
March 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I think it's worth a shot. I have thought about it, tonight I really really thought about it actually. But I think I'm too lazy to try and get him back to sleep without nursing. When he wants to nurse, he REALLY wants to nurse and doesn't want anything else. When I'm tired in the middle of the night, my plans go out the window and I just resort to nursing again. My husband works way too much for me to be able to help much with night duty. Maybe we can try when he has some time off over Easter... I think my goal is to have him completely night weaned by 18 months, ideally he would just nurse to sleep at night by then or not at all. 3 more months.. I think I can do it!

I have started encouraging weaning by slowly replacing nursing sessions with his sippy cup, but like you said, it's the sudden changes that bring on AF so I don't know if that's going to help.
March 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Ethan is pretty well night weaned once in awhile he will want to nurse once through the night bit its seldom, my AF has returned though, so I can't join in on the quick stop of night nursing to bring on af since she came back already. But I hope it fully works for you!
March 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It worked for me with my first. I night weaned him (the process took a little less than a week) and two weeks after we finished I ovulated for the first time and got pregnant!

My current nursling was night weaned but he decided to drop all his day time nursings and pick up another night one (or two) so we're back to getting up most nights--he will sleep through the night a couple times a week though.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 30th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Jenn, maybe you're the one I remember reading about who NW'd and then O'd 2 weeks later!

Nathanael did STTN last night, and did a couple times in the past week. But other nights he was up 4-5 times and nursing like there was no tomorrow. He, too, is not easily put off when he wants his nursies!!

Hopefully we're getting there, though..... I just think if he STTN consistently I would start to ovulate. My body just seems so ready, and I've had so many signs/symptoms, esp. the past 2 months.

Thanks all for your input
March 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
When is his birthday? Were you part of the Dec DDC?
March 31st, 2009, 05:58 AM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
He was born 12/26/07. I just found this board about a month or two ago, but wish I would have been here then! I was on the What to Expect boards, but most as a lurker. I never felt "in" because I can't figure out how to do siggies and such (although I see I managed to post the only semi-decent, semi-recent pic I could find on our camera of baby and me together here - and it's so small you can't see us!). However, I have to say I LOVE JM so far - I definitely intend to stick around And, hopefully, get a better picture up and maybe figure out a siggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search