Not TTC, but I have a question.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi~ I'm an occasional lurker here. We're not TTC ( we have a 2 1/2 month old), but we're not preventing at all and at some point I will probably be more actively TTC while breastfeeding (probably when my son is about 8-9 months old).

I was wondering, for those of you who have had AF return~ was it at all regular? Did it go back to the same cycle length you had before? The reason I ask is... I was pretty sure AF returned for me at about 6 weeks PP. I know that would be really rare for a breastfeeding mom. I have done some pumping, esp. when my son was hospitalized with RSV and not eating well. Also,my son started sleeping through the night for 7 hours the week before I thought I got AF- not sure if those could be factors in getting it back so soon.
It definitely seemed like AF! My PP bleeding had been just a light yellow barely-there spotting for a couple weeks and then stopped completely. Then all of a sudden right at 6 weeks PP to the day, I started bleeding again. I had cramping like with my period and it was an actual flow, not just spotting and it went on for 6 days. So I was expecting AF again by this past Sunday at the latest ( I used to have a 29-30 day cycle and that was day 31), but she never showed. I took an HPT just in case, and it was negative.

So now I'm wondering if I really did have AF at 6 weeks PP or if it was more PP bleeding. It was probably silly to expect it to return to normal right away. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on with my body. Thanks for your input and I'm sorry this is so long! I hope you all get BFPs soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; March 31st, 2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: somehow had the wording all screwed up ;)
March 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not TTC but after DS (1st child) I got AF back at 6 weeks and AF went back to regular pretty quickly. After DD (2nd child) AF came back at 8 weeks is regular. I EBF with the exception of pumping at 3 weeks for DS and pumping for DD at 3 months old. I didn't conceive DD until DS was 12 months old. Sorry I don't have much to tell you but there is my experience.

March 31st, 2009, 07:24 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
For me AF did not return until 7 months pp and has been fairly regular since. Some people go right back to their regular cycle right off the bat after having their baby while others are very irregular afterwards, so unfortunately I can't really say yes that was you first pp af or that your cycle will be regular or irregular its all up to your body and breastfeeding does a swell job of making things very unpredictable. Sorry i couldn't really be of anymore help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search