Not sure what to think!?!?!?!?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Ok so AF came back in january and had been regular coming every 29 days. Well she is now officially 2 days late!!!! I believe I O'd on abouts the 18th, I took an HPT on tuesday morning and got a BFN. So I don't know what to think... did I not O...is my cycle going out of whack.....what a pain!

I have been feeling.
a little crampy but nothing bad
Been eating more than usual
Have been feeling a bit sick
Tired
Was super crabby last week!

Help give me your thoughts the BFN has me so confused. I do not plan to test again till sunday or monday since I only have the one test left right now!
April 3rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Heya! Well - definitely COULD be good news! Preg tests don't always show up positive early/day of AF.

BUT I will also tell you - as I have been through this and looked online alot about being 'late' etc and actually your period is not classed late until 7 days has passed and 'missed' when 4wks has passed, something like that. Thats the official medical reasoning.
Plus my AF came back at 9mths and was a regular 30 days - then started going screwy (admittadly AFTER my miscarriage) and so for over a year have been getting shorter and been anything between 24 and 31 days (which your notice however is still within the 7 days).

I;m afraid - if nothing else I have learn't that MY body likes to throw in lots of odds and surprises just when I think I've figured it out!

ALTHOUGH all that may be null if you get a BFP!
April 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
ooooo... dont know but im thinking good thoughts for you!!!

April 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Well tested again yesterday and was a BFN but AF still is not here. So I am thinking my body is now going a screwy with my cycles. but will update as I test or af comes whichever is first
April 6th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh, well, the more days that go by the better your chances for that BFP! Must be really frustrating waiting and waiting though!

LOTS OF BABY DUST YOUR WAY!

Jo xxx
April 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Yes super frustrating and trying not to get my hopes up to much!
Thanks for the baby dust Jo
April 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope you get your BFP but I had a similar situation last cycle. I was charting so I know when I ovulated and my luteal phase was a whopping 24 days--never got a BFP and no period until I was 11 days late. I hope that's not the case with you but just goes to show how wacky our bodies can be.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I chart to a point (I don't do temps though) So my chart says that I should have ovulated on March 18th. If AF does show I think I am going to start doing temps.
April 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still no sign? Thats GOOD!

Soooo...If you ovulated on the 18th that puts you on about 18 or 19 dpo doesn't it? If you read the small print with the preg tests it does actually say that although SOME women get a BFP on the day of their missed period (technically 14dpo) it is more likely around 21dpo (3weeks post ov) so you still have a major chance with every day that passes! I;m getting excited for you now!

Alittle quote from an article whilst browsing:

Quote:
Q: How accurate are home pregnancy tests on the first day of a missed period?

A: An October 2001 JAMA article (JAMA. 2001;286:1759-1761) said the highest possible screening sensitivity for an hCG-based pregnancy test conducted on the first day of a missed period is 90 percent, as 10 percent of women may not have implanted yet. The authors estimate that the highest possible screening sensitivity of a home pregnancy test by one week after the first day of the missed period is 97 percent.
So Wednesday should give you the most accurate result right?

Jo xxx
April 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for looking that up! I have no tests right now used the last one on saturday and forgot to get more when we were grocery shopping yesterday but will probably pick some up this week when I go out, so depending when I get tests I will test the next day and let you all know again obviously will only test if AF does not show.

Come on December baby!
April 7th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooh, you should order some on eBay, thats what I do. I get a pack or sometimes just a couple and they're really cheap (the strips) PLUS it forces you to wait another day or two for them to come and if AF shows up, well, at least you still got some for testing another month. I've got two in my cupboard! lol
April 7th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I plan to do that if AF does show back up for later months. We are also thinking about getting ovulation tests too, so we can know for sure if and when I am O'ing. I'll have to check out ebay now!
April 8th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, thats why I find it so hard to NOT chart my temps even though I know not 'thinking about it' might be good for concieving - but I just HAVE to know when I ovulate because it moves around. If its later in my cycle then I know my cycle is going to be a 30 day one rather than 26 day one! It really stops me from getting excited when I am two or three days later than last cycle in length!
Of course, as I am trying to lengthen the days between my ovulation and AF it means getting past 8 days is a difficult time not knowing if its because of the B6 or a BFP!

Jo xxx
April 8th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Well AF arrived over night last night. I am not really even disappointed to tell the truth I had just a bit of feelings right from the start that she would show up. So on to temping and or using ovulation tests. Thanks for hanging out with me and my crazy cycle this month!
April 8th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww well sorry it came! I was so sure you might have got a sticky bean!

And no worries, you were a great help to me too when it was me hanging out and waiting! Which, come to think of it, I will be again in another week or so lol....but anyhoo, goodluck with charting or trying ov tests. I prefer charting because its a one-off cost for the themometre and thats that! Plus the OPk can be a bit tricky as I found I would get the line and think 'thats it' only to get a better or darker one the NEXT day!

Jo xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search