Countdown time again!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, looks like my temps are going to put my ovulation on CD16 (last cycle was CD19) so hopefully my LP will be 10 days or more again (or BFP of course! ) We bedded CD15 so yippee, at least we got our timing OK!

I haven't slept well though so not sure how much I trust my temps so still going to keep dtd just in case! lol

Was dry all cycle then creamy cm (tmi) at 1dpo (yesterday)....not sure what was going on with my sore boobs and PMS-style mood! Maybe it was ovulation related? Maybe a sign of my hormones shifting into their correct balance?

Oh well!...countdown to AF or BFP begins now!

Jo xxx
April 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I hope you get your BFP!! I just started charting a few weeks ago - do you think breastfeeding affects charting temps?

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
April 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If I had charted before breastfeeding I could perhaps compare but I think the only difference is that your temps might be a little more erratic (up and down) but not enough to not see a pattern and predict ovulation. I've ovulated every chart and been charting 14mths. One chart didn't show ovulation because I was ill and had a fever spike the day I ovulated - but I could still tell manually, that I ovulated by recognising my pattern (I regulary get a 3dpo, 4dpo dip).

The main thing to look for -once you are ovulating - is your luteal phase, the days between ovulation and AF. Mine have been between 5 and 9 days, but mostly 7-8 (needs to be min 10 to get pregs). My last cycle was 10 at last (thanks to taking B6 I think) and I am eagerly awaiting to see if that was a fluke or if my LP has truely increased!

Jo xxx
April 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
woo hoo! Good luck!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

April 17th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well its throwing another strange one at me - look, 1ed85b Ovulation Charts

So many temps above the coverline BEFORE ovulating!

Guess nothing matters but waiting now eh?

Jo xxx
April 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Ooooh good luck sweetie!
April 20th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm at 6dpo right now! I need to reach Thursday for my average of an 8 day LP or *fingers crossed* Saturday for a 10 day!
Been a crazy cycle this month with my mood all over the place and sore boobs and strange temps (but defo not pregs .......yet! )
But I have tinkered with fertility friend just to double check and regardless of what temp alterations I put (higher temps for the days when I slept bad) it remains on CD16 and thats all thats important for the countdown!

Thanks for supporting me in this! I might try OPK's next cycle instead though just to find ovulation rather than stress over my ever-changing chart pattern!

Jo xxx
April 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
UPDATE! Well...I am 9dpo today and my temp was fab and high, look 1ed85b Ovulation Charts

I'm getting very very hopeful about this cycle but scared too that its going to end in nothing (well, end in AF)

I just told hubby - about the creamy cm and temp being good signs and he was really negative and 'yeah yeah' which makes me feel sad although I can understand and I was trying so hard not to tell him my hopes. But I feel he SHOULD know and understand where my head is at the mo....*Sigh*

Anyhoo, with that high temp AF will definitely not show today so either way the B6 is helping me again - stretching my LP or getting a BFP.

Jo xxx
April 23rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jo, this is very good news! I hope AF doesn't show for you and you get your BFP in a couple of days.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 23rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm 10dpo today and my temp was......36.99 so higher than yesterday!

I'm afraid against my better judgement my hopes are up. But even if I don't get a BFP this cycle at least my LP is 10 or more again - proving the B6 was the key to me luteal phase defect, NOT NURSING! Whooooo! I couldn't understand why me when so many other breastfeeding moms get pregs! lol, if I do get a BFP I feel like telling you all to take B6! hahaha...although I guess it might not be the issue with everyone?

Jo xxx

1ed85b Ovulation Charts
April 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
hahah your too funny Jo, But I am excited for you and have my fingers crossed. If you do get you BFP, I will be taking your advice on the B6!
April 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took a test but it was BFN.....oh well. Have to see what tomorrow brings? Maye it was too early?

Jo xxx
April 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Good luck fingers crossed it was just too early!
April 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Jo!!! Your chart looks fantastic! I hope this is it for you, and.... congrats on the 10 day LP!!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

April 24th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well......11dpo today and still high temp so no AF likely!

I did do another test, BFN, but a very slight 'evap-type' line so hoping thats a sign that it is very very early and a day or two will show a +.

JO xxx
April 25th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Oooh things sounds so promising for you!
April 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm out! Todays 12dpo.

I was sooo sure with all my creamy cm EVERY day since ovulation, triastic chart and everything. But spotting today. I know there's still the 'implantation' hope but I really doubt it and am sure its AF.
Only good news is that I do have a healthier luteal phase thanks to B6, meaning each month I have a better chance than before when AF would show at 9dpo. But I will have to wait the full 14 days before getting my hopes up next time!

Jo xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search