Update to last post - what is this??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Well, not 1/2 hour after typing my last question, I went to the bathroom and had bright pink/light red discharge when I wiped. Just that one time so far. I had this last month, too, several days after days of O-type symptoms.

What is going on? Is this AF? Was last month 1st PPAF? I'm 15 1/2 months PP, and thought I'd just get a regular period when I got it, but I guess not! Is this just some other kind of spotting perhaps? I mean, I've never heard of a period where you don't even use a pad!!

Any ideas?
April 16th, 2009, 07:50 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
How weird, I have no idea. My guess (not based on anything) is that your body is trying really hard to ovulate, but can't fully do it because of the hormones going on. I'd start taking some B-6 or Vitex maybe and see if that helps! (beware of the Vitex though, it made my supply drop super low!)
April 17th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Kristen, we ARE so alike with our symptoms and "non-symptoms"! I think you're right about me not O-ing yet. I was a bit disheartened because this spotting came about a week after my O-symptoms, and someone else had told me to count it as AF, which would be a very short luteal phase. And, I was disappointed because if/when I get AF, I want it to be full-blown AF, not a few smears of color when I go to the bathroom!! But someone on another TTC/BF board said that it definitely doesn't sound like AF, esp. since 1st PPAF is usually heavy. Like you, they think I just haven't O'd yet. Well, maybe with 2 months w/ spotting now, next month will be the real one??? I would MAYBE have thought this could be implantation bleeding (I really thought I O'd last week because my symptoms were so strong), but since I had a similar spotting episode last month, I guess not. Although oddly enough, this month the spotting was much lighter, shorter in duration, and brighter in color. I'll probably still take a test later next week just to be consistent in my obsessing.

What's been going on with you? Any new developments this month? I think it's a good idea to just test regularly to be sure - keep us posted!!!
April 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can actually have 'ovulation spotting' too so it maybe that you are ovulating now instead of when you thought. My last cycle I had EWCM from CD9 to 19 AND pink tinge when wiping on CD12 BUT didn't ovulate until CD19 (I temp my charts to know). I had some pink again the cycle before. I've noticed in the past but I wasn't really looking at my cm as much until recently! lol
And of course it could be implanation but you'll have to wait a little longer before testing if you want to be sure the test is accurate and not a false negative......

Goodluck!

JO xxx
April 17th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Thanks for the further insight - I hadn't really considered it could be ovulation spotting That's very interesting about your symptoms during your cycle - that's why I should temp/chart!! Well, on the off chance it was ovulation spotting I'd better go jump DH before he leaves for work!!
April 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
When I had that spotting last month I researched into it and learned that ovulation spotting occurs BEFORE ovulation, not after. So I would think ovulation spotting would happen right before or during EWCM, not a week after. My guess is implantation spotting! A week after EWCM and Oing would be about the right time!

Nothing is happening to me anymore. No more spotting, no more EWCM. I've sort of lost the baby fever and I guess I'm okay with letting things happen when they're ready.
April 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
We are so twins!!! So to update after my last post...

I just started spotting really heavy. Like, enough that I just had to run out and buy feminine products. I'm pretty sure AF is here. I don't feel like she is though. So weird, I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.
April 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Wow! I hope it is AF for you, but of course I have questions Have you been having any O-symptoms? If so, when were they? And, what is your spotting like? Are you actually bleeding or spotting? Mine was a much brighter pink than it had been last time, I was just SURE it was AF on her way - I mean, positive. Then nothing - no more, and never even got on a pantiliner. So frustrating!

Check back to tell if it turns into a really, truly AF!
April 20th, 2009, 06:44 PM
TMI alert.

I haven't had ANY ovulation symptoms, or PMS symptoms, which is why I'm not 100% sure it's AF. I just got over pretty much the worst stomach virus I've ever had, for 4 days. So that may have masked any PMS symptoms. But at the moment I don't feel crampy or moody, no sore boobs. My back feels a bit tired, like I've been carrying around something heavy for awhile, but that's it.

I went to the bathroom and I noticed bright red streaks on my underwear... last time I had spotting it was more like pink tinged CM. This was like, bloody nose colored RED, and "wet" I guess you could say. It's slowed down and not getting on the panty liner much now. It's definitely bleeding and not spotting though.

I don't know what it could be aside from AF though?
April 21st, 2009, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just want to add that I have had cycles with NO AF symptoms, no cramps, soreness or anything not even when AF came and other cycles when the cramps etc are a week before. Same with ovulation signs. I've had spotting some cycles (not really spots of blood, more pinkish tinge when wiping) and most cycles I get a cramp/stretch pain in one ova or the other. But for the most part are bodies are really hard to read and can change for no reason!

I'm having creamy cm (tmi) every single day since my CD16 ovulation this cycle and I have read in lots of places (and looked at charts) that that can be a very good sign for pregnancy but I am trying hard not to get my hopes up as my cycle throws lots of 'new' things at me from month to month that get me wondering!

Jo xxx
April 21st, 2009, 05:22 AM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Jo, thanks for adding your experiences, too. I do know that while BF, symptoms aren't necessarily symptoms, and that temping/charting is the only sure way to know what's going on. Still, I like to hear what other ladies in the same boat experience Incidentally, I was feeding my obsessions late into the night and reading a 68 page thread about very early pregnancy symptoms from women who've had their BFP's, and I think the main one that stood out was creamy CF!!!!! I have been reading your other posts, too, but feel mainly like I'm not qualified to respond since I'm still sans AF. But if I were you I'd be very hopeful - when are you testing???

Kristen - it sure sounds like AF if it continued like that. I know you'll post an update later today
April 21st, 2009, 06:28 AM
Yup, no questions about it, AF is here. Crazy! I had no idea, no signs or symptoms or even much ewcm. I can't believe how long it's been. I'm curious to know how long it'll last.
April 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM
About the creamy cm, I will say that I did notice a lot of that this past week.
April 21st, 2009, 06:47 AM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Yea for you! Yea for !!
April 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunyia View Post
Incidentally, I was feeding my obsessions late into the night and reading a 68 page thread about very early pregnancy symptoms from women who've had their BFP's, and I think the main one that stood out was creamy CF!!!!! I have been reading your other posts, too, but feel mainly like I'm not qualified to respond since I'm still sans AF. But if I were you I'd be very hopeful - when are you testing???
lol, I was doing that last night too (researching/googling) and some of today too! I'm always obsessively reading and looking at charts and stuff during my waiting! haha, you'd think I'd have learn't by now! But testing wise...hmm, well, I guess if I get past a 10 day LP will be a miracle so that is if no AF after Saturday I'll be biting my nails and will probably test Sunday. Thats also the good thing about charting though as if my temps drop but no AF it will keep me from testing too early as that would be a sign its on its way.

Today I have had lots of creamy cm AND a little ewcm but I usually get ewcm before AF though so can't get excited about that....just a case of waiting and waiting now!

JO xxx
April 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Well, I know for sure now it was not ovulation, and definitely not IB. It was - - - NOTHING, of course. I tested this evening (couldn't hold out until morning) and bfn. Kristen, I know how you feel after you wrote a couple posts ago about losing the "fever" - that's definitely where I am now! Nathanael seems to be nursing more than ever now, so I don't think AF will be coming back any time soon.
April 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Don't lose hope! Like I said, I lost the baby fever, and about 2 weeks later I got my period. And just so you know, Walter was nursing like a maniac right when I apparently ovulated. He just cut 2 teeth after 6 teeth and hasn't been eating any solids- waking up all night long to nurse 4 times or so. What I think kick-started things was that he slept through the night for the first time in his life on his 14 month birthday. I've heard it's the sudden changes like that that cause ovulation. Do you have a hubby that you can put on baby duty for one night?
April 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Tunyia's Avatar Member
Well, 'thanael has had a few instances where he has slept through the night. Back in the late summer/fall he was routinely sleeping 6-7 hour stretches straight. I barely remember that! But since then, he has had a few STTN's, one being just a few weeks ago. Alas, no kickstarting occurred. As far as DH helping - he already does so much, and gets just as little sleep as me (less, in fact). He ALWAYS goes in to get baby when he cries at night, and brings him in to me to nurse in bed, then (after staying awake that whole time while I'm pretty much asleep nursing), he takes him back to his room. I don't know what else he could do. I know LO wouldn't take a bottle, probably, but I guess we could try.

And he must be getting molars, too. The past week/week and a half he's barely eating, has his hands in his mouth all the time, and is generally a pill, to put it kindly. I know he's miserable, so I hate to make him CIO when I feel he may really get comfort out of nursing at night. DH and I just had a discussion this morning (not a great one - bad timing because we were both particularly sleep-deprived) about maybe making him STTN, though. It's really taking a toll, to the point where DH is wondering if we can even handle another LO right now. Of course I got all weepy. Sigh - it's been a long day. Sadly, the fact that I felt so emotional is what made me test tonight instead of tomorrow. In one last glorious grab for a symptom, I decided it must have been hormonal, since I NEVER cry.

I'm sure I'll laugh at all of this tomorrow....
April 22nd, 2009, 01:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Believe me ladies, I have been ttc for so long now with no luck I have had all the up's and down's you are going through and been through ALL the teething (thankgod Dakota has all her teeth now!) and it has hurt when DH has said 'how would we cope with another one anyways?' when I have been emotional - but he doesn't understand that being fertility-obsessed contributes a great deal. If I were pregs I wouldn't have given a thought to weaning, or night weaning as I always wanted to let my D self-wean but when you are unsure whether that is making the difference you can't help but wrestle with your conscience over waiting or pushing weaning...

I am getting pretty hopeful over B6 making the difference right now which will prove to me that actually it wasn't nursing holding me back all this time but a vit/hormone deficiency and I have no doubt you all will get your BFP's just fine - you may have to just be patient a little longer!

Also, I can say that as nice as a close age-gap would be there is alot of positives to a longer gap. I wanted another baby so bad early on but I do feel that if one comes along now it will be more perfect than it would have been before. Trust in your body to be telling you now is not the right time if AF hasn't returned....and don't feel you have to push your little one into doing anything he's not ready for. My daughter - at 33mths - has never once slept through the night without nursing!

JO xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search