Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well after spending a ridiculous amount on HPTs and POAS 4 times... I pulled my last test out of the can (it was from this afternoon) and low and behold... there are 2 lines!!!! I know it's not a 'valid' test because it's been sittin... but MAN ALIVE, is it possible we got prego on our first month TTC after my FIRST PPAF???

I am trying not to lose it right now since I know it doesn't really 'count' but SOMETHING made the test change!!!

Off to Walmart so I can use one with FMU tomorrow!!!

April 27th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd say yeah, definitely a BFP. I've had countless sticks that haven't changed even days later.

Congrats! Your very lucky indeed (sorry if my enthusiasm is low, the witch got me yesterday and I was so sure my turn had come)

Jo xxx
April 27th, 2009, 05:58 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Oooh sounds so promising that that is a BFP! KUP on when you test with FMU with the new tests!
April 27th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, I tested with FMU (ok more like 3amU) and it was BFN... I even checked it again this morning when I woke up and still BFN. I am going to wait a couple of days for AF and if she doesn't show her ugly face... I will re-test.

Very surprised about the pink evap line on FRER... I could also have had a short leuteal phase and just might have caught the hormone that day but it's on it's way down. I wasn't charting or antything so I have no clue, but based on CM I *thought* that today would be 11dpo. le sigh.... I am not totally deflated but definitely less optimistic.

April 27th, 2009, 06:38 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
That sucks, I'm sorry. Yeah, never recheck tests after the time frame. I had a test a few months ago that turned pink within 10 minutes. I posted them online and everyone was sure it was a BFP. I hadn't even ovulated yet so it wasn't even a chemical or anything. I learned the lesson to throw them away after the 5 minutes (or whatever the limit is) and not look back!
April 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh. I am really truely surprised.........

Just a complete side note that popped in my head but I have actually read that breastmilk can make a preg test show a false positive? Strange I know! Maybe there is something going on hormonely in the months before your PPAF?

Jo xxx
April 27th, 2009, 07:43 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Ugh well that sucks! Sorry it got your hopes up!

I just noticed that your son was born July 10th 2008! I am one of the co host of the July 08 board! We would love to have you come join us down there if you'd like, we have a great group of ladies (this whole forum is great actually lol) July 2008 Playroom - JustMommies Message Boards
April 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I tested again with another FRER as well as a Clear Blue and both were BFN's

This is why we should resist the temptation to look in the trash... had me goin though!

That is one convincing evap line

April 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
WOW, I have never had an evap on a FRER. It's entirely possible that you had a chemical, not to be a downer. Of course it's entirely possible that you didn't too. I'm sorry, either way.
April 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kristen I was thinking the same thing because this is my first PPAF and it is very likely that I may have had a short luteal phase. I'm not sure if that would produce any prego hormones but it's the best explanation I can come up with (other than strangely dark evap line) So bummed.

April 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Wow I do not think that was an evap or anything. Totally looks like BFP to me!

Give it a couple days and if the witch doesn't show test again.
April 28th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Nope, I don't think that's an evap either. From your other tests, it seem apparent that you aren't pregnant, but I think perhaps it was an early miss? I don't know.

My Ovulation Chart

April 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Defo not an evap line. But if your definitely not pregs right now I would try not to think about it now as it'll just upset you thinking it might have been something lost.

Jo xxx
April 28th, 2009, 08:54 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Thats why the papers say not to check after 10 minutes. I'm sorry hun. I know thats got to be a big let down.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not going to worry too much about this... I just thought we had gotten REALLY, REALLY lucky which would have been AWESOME, but totally wasn't couting on it. I'm a bit bummed that I let myself dig into the trash and got my hopes up like an idiot, but lesson learned for next time LOL

May's HPTs will be flushed! LOL

April 30th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still no sign of AF... tested this morning (not with FMU) and got afaint BFP now so not sure what to think. I'm all over the grid! LOL

Going to test tomorrow with FMU and see what happens. At least this line showed up in the allotted time! LOL Progress!

April 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wow, EXCITING! Let's see a picture.
April 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I"m the ONLY person who may be able to see this line LOL

BUT I'm happy that it showed up right away and not after 4 hours of sitting in a trash can LOL especially after all the BFNs I've been getting. I'm cautiously optimistic once again.

meh... it looks way better IRL let me try and get a better one...

April 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Oh is that a FRER? If so, YOU ARE SO PREGNANT!!!!!
It's unheard of to get a pink evap on a FRER, much less on two. When is AF due?
April 30th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Doesn't look like I'm going to... I'll just try again with FMU tomorrow and keep you gals updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search