Advice please! Chart or not chart?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After the disapointment of being so sure last cycle was IT I am wondering - shall I chart up to ovulation this cycle so I can keep an eye on my luteal phase length or shall I not chart at all and see how that goes? I won't have a clue if we have done it at the right time (although I am hoping we get to bed every other day from CD10 onwards). I was thinking I could just mark something like CD40 on my chart (my cycle is between 24 and 30 days long) so maybe I can just forget about it and it will either come or not come and I might suddenly look at the calendar and go 'oh my, AF didn't come, better test' lol - like it'll be that easy! But you know - do I go for peace of mind in charting or the hope of not obsessing and not getting my hopes up by not charting?

JO xxx
May 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
charting while breastfeeding can be very inaccurate. Read "Taking Charge of your Fertility" it explains it better.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 3rd, 2009, 12:19 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Might as well chart anyway I reckon. If it was me I would still be obsessing even if I had no chart to look at lol
IMO I would at least chart up to O (find out the O day) only because then you could keep an eye on your LP.
Let us know what you decide

Elise
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok! I'm surprised...lol...but yeah, at least if your saying I should chart at least upto ovulation then I know thats a sound reason and not just me tricking myself into obsessing again! haha. And keeping an eye on my LP does help, even if I don't get a BFP cos at least I know things are as they should be.

THANKS

Jo xxx
May 3rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Like I said though, when breastfeeding your chart can be inaccurate. Meaning, it could look like you ovulated when you didn't.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 3rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
I can see the point Beth makes. When Jayden was breastfeeding alot more, I thought I ovulated heaps of times because I would get that pattern but then my temps would just taper off, which was sooooo frustrating. I got crosshairs more than once anyway.

But, Jo, I would *think* that since Dakota is 33 months and only BF a few times, charting would be fairly accurate??
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You remembered she is 33mths? I'm impressed! I need to get a ticker up! But yeah, I think charting is probably less accurate in the earlier months before PPAF arrives? Not sure about after that but I've been charting since Feb 2008. I did have one weird cycle but that was way back. I think I trust my temps enough as they have shown consitant ovulation patterns.

The trickiest part is getting an accurate morning temp as sometimes D's nursing causes me to wake too early and stops me going back into a deep sleep.

Ps - so...how do I get a ticker to stay put?

Last edited by Mommy2Dakota; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
May 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I would temp and chart up to ovulation but not after I think lol just my thoughts

As for the ticker go to Lilypie.com or any other site that you can make tickers and then you'll need to go to the top of the screen and click on Quick Links, then go down the little list and click on Edit Signature, it will the take you to a new screen and you then in the box allotted add the BBC code from the ticker site once you have made a ticker just copy and paste the whole thing and then hit preview signature so you can make sure it is the there right and if its in there right so showing the ticker then hit save signature. and there you go you should have your permanent ticker in your signature! Send me a PM if you can't get it to work and I'll see if I can help better!
May 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh thanks! I been dying to get a ticker up so I don't have to keep saying 'my daughter is xxx mths!'

Jo xxx
May 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just testing my ticker works!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 4th, 2009, 09:44 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
wahoo glad you got it too work and I see you also made it so you don't have to type your Jo xxx everytime either. Thats the great thing about tickers save you some time in you typing
May 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, I know! Was always a pain having to remember to sign my posts!

THANKS!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, I know! Was always a pain having to remember to sign my posts!

THANKS!

May 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I wouldn't chart... We are TTC now but not charting. It seems like more hassle than anything. I feel like taking the more laid back approach of DTD every few days and more often around EWCM makes most sense.
May 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I wouldn't chart... We are TTC now but not charting. It seems like more hassle than anything. I feel like taking the more laid back approach of DTD every few days and more often around EWCM makes most sense.
May 6th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My cm hasn't been a reliable method at all so I am forgetting looking/charting that but charting my temps have always been helpful, esp when a drop tells me to expect AF. But it is getting a bit much - I couldn't sleep cos I was anxious to take my temp at the end of last cycle, which of course is completely bad for taking an accurate temp! And then after AF came I lost interest totally (how weird I went from obsessive temp taking to totally forgetting so quickly). Now I am starting to take it again, but only to know my ovulation. This will be my third cycle with 200mg B6 - which in turn hopefully means the third cycle with a healthy luteal phase. If it is similar enough to the last two cycles then maybe I will feel more confident to drop charting and 'trying' so hard at ttc, so long as I know my ovulation is between CD14 and Cd20 then we can bed more between CD10 and 20 to cover it.
So, this cycle I'll chart up to ovulation only then next cycle stop charting, right? Sounds like a plan!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search