What a busy weekend

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Sorry I wasn't around much at all this weekend we were super busy. Saturday we did running around during the day and then had our friends Buck and Doe that night. The Buck and Doe was outside so it was a little cold, but it was still fun they did a dunk tank with the bride and an egg throwing thing with the groom. Ethan was at my moms while we were at the buck and doe!
Sunday we had the Hike for Hospice and that went great too! The fire fighters that were there just in case gave Ethan a little plastic fire hat and also let me take him up into their pumper truck. Our 5 person team (Carolyn's Crusaders) Raised about $1100 total, we each got a T shirt for participating, and with what we raised we got a team prize of a blanket. They had a ceremony before the hike which mentioned the patients who passed in the last year (So MIL was mentioned) we ended up doing a 2km hike and after the hike they had hot dogs, pop and cookies. In total the Hike raised around $106000 which is great they are a non profit organization so are dependent on the hike, donations and Volunteers they are not funded in anyway by the government. Eric and I both ended up with a a mild sunburns on our faces and arms, Ethan did not get one (he was the only one with sun screen on). Then after the Hike we came home put Ethan down for a nap and Eric and I had one too lol. We then received a phone call from FIL asking if Eric was available to help change the front brakes on his Van so of to his house we went about 40 mins away from us. FIL bought us supper in exchange for Erics help lol. I went grocery shopping while they worked on the van. We got home late both Saturday and Sunday night and I am super proud of Ethan cause he is not used to staying up past his bedtime and he was a trooper through it all! Thanks for listening to me ramble about my weekend lol.

Last edited by 2Reasons2Smile; May 6th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
May 4th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW that was a busy weekend! And you did a fab job with the fundraising. Sounds like you had lots of fun too.

My weekend is mostly working so nothing interesting. I do 19hrs a week over four days, but Saturday being my longest (6.5hrs). The rest of the time its generally shops, park and playgroups.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search