Is noticeable CM necessary?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Just wondering if it's necessary to have obvious EWCM to conceive? I have always known when I was ovulating prebaby because I always had TONS of EWCM then.

I had some sort of CM a few days ago and then it stopped, dunno if it was quite EW though. We DTD yesterday which was CD 14. But I didn't notice any CM then or the day before. Part of me thinks maybe I'll ovulate later than CD 14 and have a short LP, but since I had EWish CM a few days ago, part of me thinks I already ovulated. Confused! Maybe this cycle is anovulatory and I'm not even going to have a period this month.

If there was no EWCM yesterday, odds are I wasn't fertile, right? We aren't actively TTC this month so it's not a huge deal either way.
May 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have seen on ttc forums people saying they concieved despite having a dry cycle, or no EWCM.

(ps, sorry if any of my postings repeat - the site seems to be acting up a bit!)

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
According to "taking charge of your fertility" even checking CM while breastfeeding can give you false hope. Your CM changes because your breastfeeding.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I have also heard that CM can be a bit wacky and make no sense or be non existent and someone still become pg. So IMO CM and Breastfeeding do not like one another and are unreliable when combined
May 5th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Well it's certainly possible to be fertile without the EW. Thats where checking cervix, O tests, ferning etc come in handy I guess? I myself have been tempted a few times to buy some O tests but they're so expensive in the stores. And I am scared to check my cervix
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Okay, I might just relax and see what happens in 2 weeks. I really don't want to temp or do any of that. I wish it could be as easy as it was pre-baby but it doesn't look like it will be.
May 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
According to "taking charge of your fertility" even checking CM while breastfeeding can give you false hope. Your CM changes because your breastfeeding.
Ah, well mine certainly is confusing! I had no noticable cm (but wasn't paying much attention) for a long long time, until I started taking Vitex and Red Raspberry then I started getting yellow stretchy stuff (EWCM?) but just as I thought I was getting a 'pattern' last cycle I had no EWCM before ovulation then creamy cm EVERY day after...it was weird! And it got my hopes up that it was a sign and I was so sure I was going to get a BFP......so now I am not going to look for cm signs. Too much can be falsely read into it.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search