AF Returning ?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had a PPAF yet. Last night though I was going to the bathroom and wiped and there was some blood. It was really mucousy as well (sorry, i know a bit TMI). I thought maybe AF was coming back, but since then it has been really nothing. A few times during the night and this morning I wiped and it was either nothing at all or just a tinge of red/brownish discharge. Did anyone have a PPAF that started like this? I'm thinking it might be something else, but I'm going to wait to see if AF starts within the next day or 2. I don't know what else it could be.

May 14th, 2009, 08:28 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
For me my first PPAF started the same as a regular AF nothing strange about it. All I can think of is maybe ovulation spotting or, implantation spotting (but only works if you have o'd and caught the first eggie). But also doesn't mean anything it could be the start of AF too. Sorry I am of little help!
May 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I had a few seconds of spotting 2 months ago and nothing since. I thought it was AF returning too, but nothing.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first pp af was just like a regular af. But since then I always start spotting a day or two before af shows. It's usually just once or twice a day but its a warning that af is around the corner for me.

Could be ovulation spotting though!!!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

May 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I had two instances of tinged mucous for the 2 months before AF returned. When AF came there was no question about it. I'd say your body is probably trying to get ready, and you'll see AF in a few months!
May 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can get ovulation bleeding as well as unexplained 'mid-cycle' bleeding which doesn't mean anything harmful and I have seen it on lots of charts.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had months were I lightly spotted for a couple of days before AF came. If you are going to start charting do not count spoting as CD1. CD1 does not start until your 1st day of actual AF flow.

Here is a link to the chart I use if you wanted:
http://www.nfpandmore.org/Chart.pdf

And here is a link to "Natural Family Planning: The Complete Approach" manual so you will know what you are doing. Chapter 6 is about BF, charting , and a return to fertility PP.

*Fingers crossed* That this really is AF so you will have a better chance at getting pg

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; May 14th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
May 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! As of today there is nothing. Just a bit more mucous, which I had last week as well. But no tinge to it. So we'll see!

May 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
hmmm hopefully AF will show soon. It's pretty frustrating huh. Along with alot of the ladies here I also had spotting for a couple of days around Easter. I was so excited that AF had finally returned but it didn't last nearly long enough to be a ppaf. I *think* I got my AF 2 weeks ago. So maybe you'll get yours soon too, fingers crossed!
Elise
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I had some spotting like that around 3 months post partum, then nothing again until I got AF at 11 months post partum.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search