I took a test...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2009, 05:25 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I should be in bed but Ethan woke up crying so I went and took a test and....................

Ethan is going to be a Big Brother! and he doesn't even know cause once I finished with taking the test I went to go get him and he had fallen back asleep already lmao.
Does it make any difference that the control line is so light?
Also if any of you have me on facebook please keep it a secret for now.
May 16th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG!!! YAYYYYY!!!! I'm so excited for you right now! Congrats Bretanha!
Tell us what happened when you took the test? Did the line come up straight away? What did it feel like? Sorry for all the Q's I'm so happy for you!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

Last edited by Kisses-4-Baby; May 16th, 2009 at 05:38 AM.
May 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM
lol Well I almost peed on my hand an not the test haha I couldn't see cause my eyes hadn't adjusted to well to the bathroom light being on. The pregnant line came up right away before the control line was even up, all I could think was I need to take a picture lol to show you ladies and then remembered the reason I was already awake Ethan had been crying so I went and checked on him and he was passed out lol. I'll be taking the 2nd test I have tomorrow just because I can lol. I am super excited, I haven't even told DF yet since he is still in bed haha. So JM ladies are the first to know haha! Oh I also figure my EDD is around about January 17th.
May 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I knew it!!!! Thats amazing.

Does that mean you won't stay as our host much longer though?

No need to worry about the faint line but for piece of mind you could test day after tomorrow as it should be darker then.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Thank Jo! I'll test again monday then thanks!

As for hosting I was going to ask everyone what they think if they'd like me to continue hosting as long as Ethan is still nursing or if you'd like to have a new host that is currently TTC while nursing!
May 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well definitely stay of course! We'd all like to know how your pregnancy progresses and of course you'll be giving others hope when they come here wanting to know IF they can get pregs whilst nursing etc....

How long were you ttc officially again?

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! Congrats!!!! That is so great!

May 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
We had been officially TTC for about 4 months so not very long but had been NTNP for about 8 months and we didn't do much difference between the two except having my cycle return back in January to make it officially trying!

I'll stay as long as Ethan is still nursing and do my best to keep you ladies entertained lol and keep the support behind you that we all need while TTC. Thank you all again for the congrats! Now its your turn!
May 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome! Congratulations!!!!

I would not worry about the control line being light...it is the pg line that matters!

And Jan 17th is a GREAT EDD...that is my wedding anniversary

May 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
Congratulations!!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 17th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretanha View Post
We had been officially TTC for about 4 months so not very long but had been NTNP for about 8 months and we didn't do much difference between the two except having my cycle return back in January to make it officially trying!

I'll stay as long as Ethan is still nursing and do my best to keep you ladies entertained lol and keep the support behind you that we all need while TTC. Thank you all again for the congrats! Now its your turn!
Ah thats interesting, thanks, cos I read an artical yesterday about 'how long does it take on average to concieve' and I know it varies of course between couples but on average it said it takes 5-6mths in a healthy couple but that if you know your fertile time and bed lots you can cut that down to 3-4mths. This cycle is my 3rd month since being fully fertile so I'm hoping not too long a wait!

May 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
So I took the second test today and pg line showed up seconds after doing it. So am definitely pg yay

Thanks again for all the congrats and Jo I really hope this month is your month as well.
May 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its funny, no matter how strong willed I am before ovulation it all crumbles after and its so hard not to get drawn into 'am I aren't I will this be it?' mode of thought! I am trying to tell myself it definitely won't be this month but there's always that spark hoping thinking that will make it otherwise (iykwim).

You seemed soooo calm! Even when you thought you were due AF mothers day and that passed you were so chilled about it! Don't know how you did it but it paid off!

May 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I know it is hard to not think about if this cycle is "the cycle" So I do know where your coming from! I think what had me so relaxed was that I was expecting AF to show and was expecting her to probably be late since last cycle she fooled me by being about a week late and had my hopes up so this cycle I just wasn't paying any attention. Thats the best I can come up with, I just don't know how I managed to be so calm cool and collected this time around.
May 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have a lot of exciting things to look forward to!! :-)
May 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

May 18th, 2009, 12:12 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

That is one super dark line! It stole all the color WOOOHOOOO!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Man, where have I been? CONGRATS!!! This is the best news I've heard today!
May 18th, 2009, 06:19 PM
lol Kristen I dunno where you have been but I am happy this is the best news you've heard today.

Thank you all so much for the congrats!
May 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
YAY! Congratulations!!!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search