first cycle question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
For those of you who have had a PP AF, how many cycle days did your first cycle after the first AF last? I had always had the textbook 28 day cycle before having a baby. I'm on CD 29 now and don't know when to expect AF or when I should even test. I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative. Thanks!
May 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went 73CD between my 1st AF and 2nd. Then 43CD between the 2nd and 3rd!

I would say wait a week and then test for your peace of mind but chances are your body is just getting back into the swing of things. Good luck!

May 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was on the pill my cycle was 28 days because of the pills then when I stopped I was 30 day cycles for a few months then they went crazy long. Not nursing related of course but just saying as I have no idea what my pre-pill/natural cycle was before. Then after having Dakota and getting my PPAF it was 30-31 days for the months up to my miscarriage (so from 9mths to 16mths) as far as I recall, although I wasn't really counting so that could have varied by a day or two each way. I know it was monthly though which was better than my pre-D ttc days. But then it started going crazy again, but short rather than long. I have had cycles as short as 24 days and as long as 31 but they seem to be roughly settling around a 28 day cycle now - I think.
Sorry, thats prob no help at all! But I do remember reading - and I quote: " A menstrual period is considered late if it is 5 or more days overdue according to your usual pattern of periods. A period is considered missed if there is no menstrual flow for 6 or more weeks."

Add nursing into the equation and that will make it even more unreliable to predict!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!

Last edited by Mommy2Dakota; May 19th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
May 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Ok, thanks! I kind of expected a longer than usual cycle. But 73 days? How did you not go crazy POASing all the time?
May 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I took about 5 tests until DH made me stop

But this is my 2nd time around BF so I knew to expect a little longer between AF's until my body gets back on track

May 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Okay, well, thanks for grounding me. I will not POAS until Sunday unless AF comes before then!
May 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hopefully the stays away!!!

May 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
my first cycle was about 30 days then the next was also about 30 then the last was almost 40 days and then I got my BFP over the weekend and i was expecting it to be another almost 40 days cycle.

I hope she stays away and you get your BFP
May 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Tomorrow will be CD 35 and no signs of AF. BLAH!
May 24th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!
When AF returned with DD it was regular every 25 days pretty much exactly. I'm hoping it will be the same this time. The only thing is that my cycles were every 25 days and when I started cutting day feeds from her my cycle lengthened to 28-32 days! So i'm thinking maybe I had a short LP? I don't know...

I hope it's a for you!! Let us know

Elise
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Snowpeas
**popping in**
Before I had my dd my cycles were every 28 days like clockwork.

After having her my cycles were all over the place! My 2nd pp af was 44 days after my first, after that it varied anywhere from 40 days to 30 days. It was so confusing. The last few months it was about 30-34 days so better but still not super consistent. I actually started recording all my symptoms to try to get some sort of pattern but I ended up getting pregnant shortly thereafter. I conceived this baby when dd was 14 months old and still bf'ing 1-2x a day. (still bf'ing now in fact)

Good luck! HTH
May 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was always a 28 day cycle before my daughter. then after first pp AF, it was about 6-7 weeks til the next, then about 6-7 weeks for the next few.....and now AF just surprised me by coming after 4 1/2 weeks....so maybe i'm on my way back to normal...
May 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was always 28 day cycle before my daughter. then since PP AF, 6-7 weeks between, and now AF showed up after only 4 1/2 weeks since last - maybe on my way back to normal... i wouldn't test again for a while if I was you, give it a week or two...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search