Introduction and Some Questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies!

I am popping over from the April PR. I gave birth to my first born son Aiden just over 6 weeks ago. I am exclusively BF with the exception of a few days about 3 or 4 weeks ago where I exclusively pumped because Aiden and I were having some BF issues. I was wondering when I can expect my AF to return? What have been your experiences? Also, DH and I DTD a few days ago and he completely caught me off guard as he didn't exactly follow the "withdrawal" plan. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? We would like to have another baby as I will be 35 this year but I wasn't thinking of being pregnant again right away

Any thoughts and comments on what have been your experiences are much appreciated!

May 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hey nice to meet you! And what a cute smiling baby you have! I'm Laura (32) and my daughter is 7 months old. I have been breastfeeding exclusively with some pumping to get milk for cereal....earlier on I pumped a bit more, at least one extra bottle a day in case my husband wanted to feed her...but now she rarely gets bottles. I got my first period at 8 weeks pp. (well at 6 weeks I got a light light AF but realized it pry wasn't the real thing cause it came on strong at 8 weeks). I have been getting AF every 6-7 weeks since then. And they are longer than they used to be. From what I"ve read, every woman's body is different and the thing is, you really don't know that first time you ovulate until you get AF - and even then, you possibly may not have ovulated. I have heard some correlation between not bf'ing at night and AF returning....my daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, so maybe there was a correlation there. I would say, with regards to your situation, "who knows?!"....but from now on, if you don't want to get pregnant just yet, I'd use some protection methods. I have also heard people say that shortly after you give birth you are "really fertile". I don't know why they say this. I guess if you do happen to become pregnant from your recent "intimate time" with hubby, well then it must have been meant to be. Keep us posted!
May 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I EBF Lily until she was 6 months, no bottles/pumping. Then she started solids and still nurses. She is almost 10 months old and I still haven't had AF back. She's been sleeping through the night since 2 months old and hasn't nursed at night since around 4 months old. I think it definitely varies by person, there is no real "rule" to when AF will return.

I would take a HPT in a few weeks just to check if you are pregnant. I read that the chance of catching the first egg is fairly slim that early, but it can definitely happen.

May 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome.

I got my PPAF at 9mths and with my daughter nearly 34mths and nursing just at night I am still having fertility issues.

Pregfnancy chances are supposed to be like 1% whilst EBF but my SIL got pregs, whilst EBF, within weeks of giving birth to her 4th child and others have gotten pregnant within months so you never know.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 23rd, 2009, 05:48 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Hi and welcome! It really varies woman to woman on when periods return. My first 3 children were exclusively breastfed, and my periods returned with all 3 of them around 6-8 weeks post partum. My youngest 3 were also exclusively breastfed, and my periods returned with them at 10 months (4 months after starting baby food), 8 months, and 11 months (5 months after starting baby food) post partum. All you can really do is take a test around 2 weeks after you dtd to see if you have become pregnant.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 23rd, 2009, 11:45 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey there!
I'm Elise, 21, DH is Remy, 27. We have 2 little ones Eva is 3 in July and Jayden is 7 months. We have been NTNP since about 4 weeks pp and I think I recently had my first pp period at 6.5 months. I have been charting and I know I didn't ovulate up until a week ago (I hope!) But there's quite a few women who ovulate much much sooner, you could be one of them! Definately test in a couple of weeks I think
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 25th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Snowpeas
My cycle returned four months to the day from when my dd was born and we were exclusively bf'ing, nursing on demand, and nursing several times at night.

Research shows that exclusively bf'ing on demand for the first 6 months is supposed to help prevent/delay your fertility from returning - however there are women who get their fertility back super early despite that.

Good luck and I hope the results are what you want!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search