Whoo, down to two nursings!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought this would happen at 12mths not almost 3yrs! LOL

And I am very aware that my D has always been a big booby baby and alot of others are down in nursings much sooner so bare with me when I celebrate that for two nights now D had her bedtime feed then morning instead of another one or two times IN the night.

Admittadly the 'morning' one starts at about 4-5am and she stays pretty much attached until getting up time at 7am so still a long one! But the bedtime one (7pm) is only 10-15 mins.

She's never slept through the night fully and still wriggles and has lots of dreams but a cuddle or a hand on her tummy or head seems to settle her now instead of needing to nurse so I feel thats a breakthrough! (and I've been told recently that not all babies sleep through the night even when not BF )

I was actually looking up links for someone else and this one (below) bolstered my reasons for extended nursing and I am actually feeling stronger about going beyond my age-3 limit...so long as it is just the bedtime/morn feed...as I feel more confident of her doing it by herself (to think 6mths ago she was on 10+ nursings a day and night).

http://www.loveyourbaby.com/breastfeeding-toddler.html

Of course that also depends on me fixing my fertility issues. If I can 'fix' it I can let D self-wean but if I can't I will need to wean after she is 3 so that I can get fertility treatment from the doctors.

lol, I always talk too much! But anyways, there it is! Things are progressing! At this rate she'll wean anyways before I ever fix my issue! Won't that be a laugh!

Oh and lastly - I want to say a huge THANKS to you all here who have been very supportive of me despite, perhaps, not understanding my reasons for extended nursing and wanting to allow self-weaning. You've made me very welcome and not judged me on my decisions! So thanks so much!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 29th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well I think it's great that you stand by your beliefs, Jo, and do what you believe is best for your daughter....there's so many different views out there, I think it's important to feel confident in our choices. Congrats!
May 29th, 2009, 07:31 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for only morning and bedtime feedings!!! That means mommy is getting some much need sleep! Sleep is a big deal to your body...maybe that will help fix your LP.

I am so glad that you feel more at ease with your choice to extened BF. It is a beautiful gift you have and continue to give to your DD

May 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for 2 feedings!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
May 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks

Last night she had a bit of a temp and a stuffy nose so couldn't nurse so although that wasn't good (being poorly) it was good in terms of her getting more and more used to the idea of not needing to nurse to sleep.
She also looks at my boobs wistfully but says 'they're getting sore?' and looks sad on behalf of my 'poor boobs'. Although I'm only sore after ovulating but I am not telling her that! lol

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 30th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
lol aw that is so cute! And of course we support you! There's no right or wrong when it comes to choosing how long we BF our little ones, whatever feels right for you and Dakota It's great news that she is getting used to feeding less though, gives you a little break before BF the next one! So that, combined with the progesterone cream will hopefully improve your LP and give you that BFP!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

May 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know! Here's hoping!

Actually bedtime tonight she said she was a big girl and wasn't going to have anymore at all and would that make me happy (I said YES YES) and I said 'great, I can make you a baby in my tummy then' and she was all agreed that would be good.......................then 5 mins later she changed her mind So she's having milkies now. But I think it shows an awareness of her time coming to an end (I tell her enough times!)

To be honest though I didn't want a break in breastfeeding. I am a little scared of drying up and then starting from scratch again! Not that I had problems with my supply, I always had alot, but I thought I would have another baby and still be in full flow.

And thanks again. When I first came here I didn't think I'd really be able to talk openly about nursing a toddler, just keep topics brief with regards to ttc, but you are all great! I really hope I get to see you all get your BFP's!

May 31st, 2009, 09:01 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Just popping in I am so happy for you that D has gone down to 2 nursings and that your feeling more confident in your choice of extended breastfeeding. D is one lucky girl to have a mom so devoted to her!
May 31st, 2009, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Bretanha. Nice to see you here too! So how are you feeling? Are you getting wedding nerves? How loverly to know your little bean will be in your tummy when you marry! Dakota loves looking at photos of herself as a baby and when she was 'in mummies tummy'. She doesn't quite comprehend the photos where she didn't exist at all though, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search