New here

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmama
Hi everyone! I am new to these boards.
I am breastfeeding my 19 month old and my 3yr old. My cycle returned when my baby was 14 1/2 months old. I became pregnant in March but had a m/c early on. We have been trying to conceive now for two months; since the m/c.
I recently purchased a Clear Blue fertility monitor and am using it for the first time this cycle.
But otherwise trying to relax and wait on the L-rd's timing.

I look forward to getting to know all of you! :0

Sweetmama to 9 munchkins here; 1 in glory at 27 days old and 2 angel babies I never got to hold; sweetwife to one amazing man!
June 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss, hope that the BlueClear is successful and helps you this cycle. Good luck!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
June 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Welcome

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
June 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello! I'm Elise (21) and DH is Remy (27) We have 2 children, Eva is nearly 3 and Jayden is 7 1/2 months We are NTNP atm.
I'm very sorry about your loss It's a difficult to m/c I know. Hopefully you will fall pregnant soon with the help of the fertility monitor
And, I think it's great that you're BF both your 19 month old and your 3 year old!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

June 4th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Hello Sweetmama! I am nursing an almost 3yr old too!

I had a MC when she was 16mths and that is what led me to charting too! Its been 18mths ttc since then and I have a short luteal phase which was probably the reason for the MC (if your LP, time between ovulation and AF, is below 10 it can prevent implantation or cause an implanted egg to not hold long enough.
Opinions vary hugely as to whether a short LP is caused from nursing (nursing increases prolactin which decreases progesterone which in turn gives you a short LP). I believe it can and does but usually fixes itself by now so I am trying different things to 'fix' my issue without weaning (B6, Agnus Castus).
As you are nursing two it could be keeping your prolactin levels higher than when you got pregs whilst just nursing one?
Its good that your are starting charting as it can tell you if you have a short LP.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
June 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! My name is Nikki (27) and DH is Jim (also 27). We have 2 children Kaylie (almost4) and Scott (10m). I am still nursing Scott full time which is about 5-8 times a day.

I am sorry for your loss I have 3 angels.

June 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Yes, I think I must have had a short lp as I found out I was pregnant before my next cycle was due and then had started to bleed right around when my cycle was due. Had a blood test and us; no baby and hcg levels had dropped down to 9 and baby was gone.

I am taking vitex and this cycle started taking a b vitamin complex also. Hoping for another baby soon! I also cut back on the amount I was nursing my 3 yr. old. We're trying now just to stick to bedtimes and if she needs to for comfort etc.. Hoping that helps also.

Sweetmama to 9 munchkins here; 1 in glory at 27 days old and 2 angel babies I never got to hold; sweetwife to one amazing man!
June 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I've been taking Agnus Castus too, since December or Jan...it didn't change my LP but did increase my EWCM (which was previously nil) and reduce some PMS symptoms. I was also taking Red Raspberry leaf but stopped once my bottle ran out. I have been taking B6 as well. The first cycle and a half I was taking 100mg with no LP change. Mid-cycle I upped to 200mg and got my first 10 day LP *happy dance* then the next cycle got 11 day LP......BUT this last cycle was back to 7 days? No idea why! My daughter is two to 3 nursing from bedtime til morning. I have now got progesterone cream to try (and am still taking the AC and B6 as well as a multivit and folic acid). I am looking forward to seeing if the cream makes any difference.

My MC was the same. I bled on my expected AF day but it stopped. Someone said 'do a preg test' so I did and was delighted to get a BFP but a few days later started spotting then bleeding then lost it.

Goodluck with your ttc! I hope the B-complex helps!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
June 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Has anyone used progesterone cream for short lp's?
I am using the clear blue fertility monitor and was thinking that if I find this cycle that I have a short LP that I may start using the progesterone cream the day after ovulation so that if I did conceive it helps with implantation and holding that baby in there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search