Ovulation pain

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Regular
Hello, just need some feedback. My daughter is 8 months old and I am currently nursing her 4 times a day, sometimes three. My period has not returned yet. For the past couple of days, I've had the clear stretchy fertile mucous. We had unprotected intercourse and the next morning, I woke up with really bad cramping (feels like period cramps) and then it all shifted over to the left side so I believe that was the release of the egg. It was pretty intense all day and today my left ovary just feels soar with a dull pain on and off. My question is, with everything that I described does it seem like I have a high chance of getting pregnant b/c of the unprotected intercourse the night before?
June 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there There's definately a high chance of pregnancy occurring if you did ovulate the day after intercourse! If you havent ovulated it could be that your body is still gearing up for it. I had funny cramps and pains before I had my first postpartum period, and I was charting so i'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate before I got it. But that was when my son was 6.5 months, not 8mon. BUT the cramping you had sounds pretty intense. That along with the fertile cervical mucous, sounds very promising!! Are you trying to conceive? Keep us posted
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

June 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisses-4-Baby View Post
Hi there There's definately a high chance of pregnancy occurring if you did ovulate the day after intercourse! If you havent ovulated it could be that your body is still gearing up for it. I had funny cramps and pains before I had my first postpartum period, and I was charting so i'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate before I got it. But that was when my son was 6.5 months, not 8mon. BUT the cramping you had sounds pretty intense. That along with the fertile cervical mucous, sounds very promising!! Are you trying to conceive? Keep us posted
Hi thanks for your reply. I remember having weird aches and pains with my first daughter too while I was nursing her. I stopped nursing her after 1 year and got pregnant that month so my period never actually returned. We are not really trying to conceive right now but we are not preventing it either. I figured I would wait to really try after my second daughter is a year old, so in a few months. But if I do get pregnant before then, it would definitely be a blessing. We have two girls so hoping for a boy. The pains I had though were definitely pretty intense.

Another question, so say I did actually ovulate and conceived, when would I test, is it in two or three weeks?
June 5th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Regular
Well today I am feeling crampy and bloated
June 5th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like only time will tell! But just a warning - I have read that you can get ov and AF-type cramps and pains quite a way before actually getting AF. Hopefully it will be a BFP (in which case you can test accurately in 14 days time) but if you get neither I just wanted you to know that can be 'normal' too and is your body gearing up to start ovulating/menstruating.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
June 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey again! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been able to get on. As Jo said, you could test in 2 weeks time, even a few days earlier if you can't stand waiting like so many of us here on this board Good luck!!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

June 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Dakota View Post
Looks like only time will tell! But just a warning - I have read that you can get ov and AF-type cramps and pains quite a way before actually getting AF. Hopefully it will be a BFP (in which case you can test accurately in 14 days time) but if you get neither I just wanted you to know that can be 'normal' too and is your body gearing up to start ovulating/menstruating.
Yeh I know what you are saying. I experienced ov/AF type cramps in the past, but I guess everytime it happens again it makes think "oh what if". Guess I will know in a few weeks, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy as I have in the past. Whatever is meant to be will be. Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisses-4-Baby View Post
Hey again! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been able to get on. As Jo said, you could test in 2 weeks time, even a few days earlier if you can't stand waiting like so many of us here on this board Good luck!!
Thank you. I will let you know what happens, hoping for good news, it will be a nice Father's Day surprise!!
June 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Nurse Brit's Avatar very excited mommy-to-be
There is a chance it could have been ovulation, or it could have just been from another source. Especially if you notice that same feeling each cycle around the time of ovulation, I would think it is more likely to be identified as ovulatory pain.
June 12th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any news then NAts? Have you tested just to be sure?

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search