No + on the OPKs yet!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on CD15 today and was hoping to ovulate CD16 but doesn't look like I will as I haven't had a + OPK yet. I'm glad I'm temping too or I might think they were faulty or I was doing them wrong or something.

Bit disappointed as it is more likely my LP would be correct if I ovulate earlier than later. When I ovulated CD 16 I got AF 11 days later, then when I ovulated CD19 I got a 10 day LP, cycle before last, but LAST cycle I ovulated CD19 and only got a 7 day LP so I am worried!

I should get a + Sunday if were to ovulate CD19 right? I think? (CD19 being Tuesday). Its really bad timing too as Monday night I work late and hub has to go to work as soon as I get home so we will only be able to bed today (fri) and Sunday (hopefully though tricky).

So not looking good

Still, if nothing else I get to use my progesterone cream to see if that extends my LP.

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!

Last edited by Mommy2Dakota; June 5th, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
June 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Bummer about not gettting a +OPK yet... I hope the progesterone cream helps extend your LP. You should defintely BD tonight and try your best for Sunday. :-) Anything is possible!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
June 6th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh well things have really gone awry now! My bloody SIL (we hate eachother) sold my hubby a dud laptop and trying to fix it up (funny, but as soon as they got the money for it they lost interest in helping us set it up - no suprise) well it totally screwed up my whole interent connection, even on my original computer, and we stressed all day - didn't bd - and I phoned and cancelled my internet altogther so I am now having to come to the library to use the computer. Grrrr!
Good news is it saves us money and I was thinking I am spending too much time online...so I'll make do but just means I won't be popping here more than once a week.

As for ovulation, I bet all this stressing hasn't helped one bit so I will just count myself out now. Oh yeah, can't remember my sign in name for fertility friend either and can't request it as it goes to my AOl account that I no longer have so not sure about charting. Might have to start afresh but might as well wait until new cycle.

Anyhoo, sorry for the moan/rant! Wish you all luck for your cycles!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
June 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
That's a bummer about the laptop situation and having to cut out the internet. At least you have access at the library for your once a week getting out of the house "me-time" . Next cycle you will get your april baby! Less stress, no computer, means more BD time for you and DH and it will happen for you!

Hope everything else is going well for you and you have a great weekend.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
June 8th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey! Thanks!
Its true too, I feel loads better without an internet (really weird!) lol

And I got my + OPK yesterday so puts me on my usual CD19 ovulation! Slim chance of getting a decent LP but I got my progesterone cream to try so I hope I can at least stretch it to 10. DTD yesterday too so of course hope the cream helps the egg if its fertilised!

Anyhoo, be back tomorrow on the library computer (at playgroup at the mo) so hopefully get to look in on the other posts here!

June 8th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Jo! We've missed you! Yay for the +OPK I've always wanted to use OPKs just to pee on it and get 2 lines show up lol Fingers crossed that the progesterone cream works and in 9 days we'll see a BFP! How's Dakota doing with BF now?
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

June 9th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Heya! Well CD19 today and I think I had an ov cramp. lol. Although the OPK and charting I think is going to confirm it as CD18 which is good because its different than my usual, if only by a day! And we DTD CD17 afternoon.

I know what you mean about the POAS. I showed hubby and we both felt an awww, if only, with seeing two lines cos of course its only a OPK stick and not a preg test but it still feels good to see TWO pink lines! lol

Anyhoo, just the waiting now. Funny enough Dakota is being more clingy now I am not absorbed on the computer so much. Like the more attention I give her the more she hates it when I have to leave her (like for work or coming here to the library). She had a massive tantrum when I took her to the park but then said I had to go home to get ready for work. SHe was screaming "I don't want to go home, don't go to work! I don't want daddy!' urgh! horrible!
And nursing wise she is asking for more (but not getting)...

Hopefully just a phase! lol, toddlers eh!

Last edited by Mommy2Dakota; June 9th, 2009 at 08:35 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search