Do You Believe....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That a woman can tell she is going to conceive before she even bd's? I swear I knew with my last two pregnancies that I would get pregnant. I even told DH with my second if he wasn't ready he better do something to protect it, and I was so sure with my third that I tested two weeks later and felt validated more than suprised.
Lately I have been having some weird feelings that make me feel that again, something is going to happen. Which makes me wonder if I am just super sensitive to my body or what. I really want to wait until my third son is close to 3 before I decided on anymore kids, however sunday we had an oopsie which is really weird and unintenional. So now I am obsessing with thoughts and will wait two or three weeks to test just to be safe. As it is my AFs havent returned since I am nursing, and I would believe its hard to get pregnant while nursing except for the fact that I conceived my third son while nursing a boobaholic baby who felt at times like he was permanently attached to me.
Oh, I don't know...Maybe AF is close and thats what is making me feel off....its just so very surreal of a feeling and similar to my last two experiences before conceiving.
Maybe, I have way too much baby on the brain....

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013
June 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I don't believe it but I will be eagerly watching for an update!
June 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I felt that for the first time this past cycle. I just knew I would conceive before I even got close to ovulation. Then after O I kept trying to convince myself that I didn't conceive because I was so confident that I did, I was worried I was setting myself up for disappointment.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I actually just posted something about this in my playroom (well, similar to this.. about feeling pregnant before implantation) here. It came to me because around 3 DPO I had this overwhelming feeling that I was pregnant, and have concluded that there is just no way on earth that I would have any way to tell, so it must be psychological. I'll tell you next week if I still hold this theory or if I end up getting a BFP.
June 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
With my 1st child I knew the very next day. Sounds crazy I know. I was young, 18, me and the boyfriend decided to get a hotel room ~ and well you all know what happened there. Later the next night I was sitting on my bedroom floor listening to music and writing down random thoughts - when I got this sudden weird feeling that the night before was my last night with him, I just had the sudden hunch he was cheating on me, and as I sat there the thought of 'how will I raise a baby on my own' came through my head. I tried not to think about it again, I had no reason to really think I was pregnant, and just 2 days later I found out he was cheating on me with my best friend. Then 10 weeks later I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant. (I was in denial about my thoughts, that's why I didn't find out sooner).

So 'knowing' you're pregnant at 3dpo is definitely not unheard of or crazy or anything like that.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 18th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2six View Post
I felt that for the first time this past cycle. I just knew I would conceive before I even got close to ovulation. Then after O I kept trying to convince myself that I didn't conceive because I was so confident that I did, I was worried I was setting myself up for disappointment.

Exactly what I was trying to say! hahaha

Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
June 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I wonder how many times we have those feelings though and nothing comes of it so we don't remember them?
June 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2six View Post
With my 1st child I knew the very next day. Sounds crazy I know. I was young, 18, me and the boyfriend decided to get a hotel room ~ and well you all know what happened there. Later the next night I was sitting on my bedroom floor listening to music and writing down random thoughts - when I got this sudden weird feeling that the night before was my last night with him, I just had the sudden hunch he was cheating on me, and as I sat there the thought of 'how will I raise a baby on my own' came through my head. I tried not to think about it again, I had no reason to really think I was pregnant, and just 2 days later I found out he was cheating on me with my best friend. Then 10 weeks later I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant. (I was in denial about my thoughts, that's why I didn't find out sooner).

So 'knowing' you're pregnant at 3dpo is definitely not unheard of or crazy or anything like that.
Wow, glad to know I am not the only one with these thoughts or preminissions.

Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
June 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think there is such a thing as womenly intuition. But I also believe in self fullfilling prophesy so IDK.

June 20th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
When I fell pregnant with DD, I looked back on the calender and realised we had DTD smack bang in the middle of my cycle. From then on I knew I would be pregnant. With DS I didn't have any overwhelming feeling I would be pregnant but I was pretty confident that it would be that cycle.
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search