What's going on?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 06:56 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Check out my cycle. Aren't those jumps extreme? This is my first month charting, so I have no idea what to think of anything. What do you think?
June 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM
After doing some research, it looks triphasic to me, but I know it's too early to jump to conclusions. But even if the second shift is not due to pregnancy, this is a good sign for me since I am breastfeeding, right? Don't breastfeeding moms typically have lower progesterone in their luteal phase? So assuming I am not pregnant, this could mean my hormones are at a healthy level?
June 21st, 2009, 04:50 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello again!
Well I don't know what your usual temp is, but all of your temps before CD21 are quite low. But you just might be a cooler person (or me warmer). It's hard to say without seeing any of the temps earlier in your cycle, but IMO it's entirely possible that you O'd on CD20. But then again your fertile CM does coincide with a thermal shift so maybe FF have it smack on! Sorry, i'm not much help to you. It's definately CD15 or CD20
I'll be stalking your chart!!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

June 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
brookes630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that I'm new on this board, but did you test yet? Your chart looks really good.

June 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
I can't see your chart, since I don't have enough posts lol but rooting for ya!!

June 25th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I had a temp dip and tested negative with an IC, but no signs of AF. This is a pretty long LP for only my third PP cycle, isn't it? Maybe I'll test with a FRER tomorrow if AF doesn't show today.
June 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a nice looking chart! Good Pre-O dip on CD15 followed by 4 days of rising temps...looks like you Oed

Are you still nursing at night? Depending on what time your LO ate and when you took your waking temp could be causing the all over temps.

Even with all that your chart has a good pattern!

BTW the average LP is between 11-15 days. So your 12 day is spot on

KUP when you test

June 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM
^^ Woo hoo! I thought I was out for sure but you give me hope.
I was reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility today and it said something about how if you have a fever to not count those temps, so I discarded my CD 9 and 10 tempe because they were both around 99 and my fever went up to 100 later during those days so I think it was screwing everything up and making my CD 11 drop looking way worse than it maybe really was. If my temp hasn't dropped tomorrow I think I will take a FRER. I just can't believe I'm at CD 12 already without AF here yet, and I have only had 2 periods. And my son nurses 1-3 times at night but TONS lately because he is cutting his 2 year molars. A few nights ago it was every hour. Literally.
June 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your sons fequent night nursing may also be causing your higherish temps. The point of temping 1st thing in the morning before you get out of bed is to get your resting temp. If you had a lot of interiptions during the night...exspecially close to your waking temp time...your body has not yet had a chance to get back to that full resting state where your temp goes all the way down.

BFing and charting can be tricky! The NFP board has a great sticky about charting while BFing if you were wanting some good links.

And you are so right about not really counting your temp if you are running a fever. Still chart it but take it loosly. Are you marking any distrubances on your chart? Like...baby teething-up 5 times....up early-took temp at 5am instead of 6am....Have a Cold-running a fever of 100f.

Chart those distrubances are a great way to see if something is going on in your day to day life that could have effected you temp.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search