Finally got my period!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
So that means my cycle was 36 days. Any advice on what to do next cycle ? Do you think it will be the same amount of days or not?

DH didn't really want to buy any ovulation strips but should I tell him we need to so we can have the best chance? (He did offer the other day)

My cycles before having my daughter were 28-30 days on average- spotting a few days before.

July 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!

I started my first PPAF June 21 (i think that was the day) and bought some OPK strips off of Ebay. I got 150 OPK strips and 20 pregnancy strips (all one package) for $20. I had read that the first cycle tends to be longer, so I'm taking OPKs daily (or 2x daily). I've yet to have a positive and I'm on day 21 (i think...my calendar isn't next to me).

So, I would definitely buy some OPKs from Ebay and test daily. I think Nikki (Kixs) has said that her first cycle was 70+ days and then the 2nd cycle was a bit less, 3rd was less, etc and now it's back to a more regular 28-32 day cycle.

July 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Yay!

It's hard to tell. My pre-baby cycles were 28 days, ovulation on CD 14. My first PP AF cycle at 15 months was 41 days. My next cycle I ovulated on CD 15 and got pregnant. I was taking B6 for a few months before AF came back so I think that really helped regulate things. I recommend it!
July 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Thanks Twhylite! I ordered some today off e-bay. My package was 100 ovulation strips/40 pregnancy tests but I wrote the seller to see if I could switch up the combination because I'm pretty sure I don't need 40 pregnancy tests.

Kristenpie- I hope my experience will be similar to yours!!!

July 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would really recommend the OPKs or charting so you know when you ovulate. One of the biggest problems breastfeeding Moms have is a luteal phase that is too short. That was my problem and why it took 9 months for us to conceive. Had I not been charting I wouldn't have known I had a problem. My BFP cycle was my first cycle using B6 (used to help support the luteal phase) and my second soy isoflavone cycle (used like Clomid it's purpose is to bring on an earlier and stronger ovulation in women who ovulate late or not at all and also support the luteal phase). It was also my first cycle using vitamin E and vitamin C for progesterone support too. I think all these things definitely worked to my advantage and I truly believe that is why I finally got my BFP! I attribute the B6 mostly to it though. Just keep in mind that B6 can delay your ovulation (it did me) but I still conceived even though I didn't ovulate until CD28! I tried a lot of different things over the month to try and regulate myself but I think this combination was the best for me. I hope you conceive asap!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
modelimoet's Avatar Veteran
Hi.. I just got my period a few days ago too... Im using clearblue fertility monitor (but dont know how accurate it will be since still bf-ing),,,

July 13th, 2009, 08:29 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I am the one who went 73 days between my 1st PPAF and my 2nd :O Between my 2nd and 3rd I went 43 days then it was 36 days and now I am back to my normal 32-34 day cycle.

Good luck with the OPK!!! I would also really recomend charting to see exactlly what your body is doing and when. After I had my 1st (DD) I did not O for my 1st couple of cycles. And after DS I know I did not O on my 73 day cycle.

If you need any help charting I would be glad to share what I know. Or the NFP board has a great sticky about charting while BFing as well as some really good links to informitive websites.

Make sure you KUP and lots of Baby Dust for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search