Update - and leaving!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Guess I haven't been around much anyways but wanted to say that as I just had another crappy cycle (short 8 day Luteal Phase and 23 day cycle) I was really upset cos I thought stopping nursing would at LEAST give me some extra days! I am going to see the doctor tomorrow. I always thought it was 'me' anyways and not nursing. But I don't really belong here anymore and will probably be posting over at 'secondary infertility' now.I am starting to think I will never have another baby and that I ought to just count my blessings that I have one beautiful daughter.Anyhoo its been loverly coming here and I wish you all speedy BFP's!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
July 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Hugs!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) O' hun TTC is so stressful. I know it is hard but please don't get down on yourself. You have just stopped BFing so give your body time to work itself back out. Those BF hormones stay in your system a while. I think it is good thought that you are going to see your doctor as they two of you can really put together a good plan.

I wish you nothing but the best and really hope you come back and update us and show off your BFP when the time comes. I personally know how crappy a LP defect can be (I have one) but I can also tell you that you can cover come this!!! I am blessed with 2 beautiful children despit the LPD. Hang in there and please PM me if you need anything.

*BTW the TTC after loss board is also a wonder group of women...I posted there for the longest time when I was TTC DS.

July 16th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey thanks. Doctor surprisingly said that she didn't blame nursing on my condition and that I should have been fertile as soon as I was ovulating again - although she was a very young doctor (she only looked 16, I swear!) and didn't seem to know about short luteal phases or think they effected concieving chances. But I'll be having bloodtests started next cycle (too late to try this cycle!) and hubby has to have the dreaded sperm test (why are men so reluctant to go docs?) but well, its still going to be alot of waiting and who knows..maybe it'll even straignten out itself in the meantime? I still got milk in my boobs though, but takes alot to get a single drop (I was just testing to see) so means my prolactin levels are still above normal right?

Anyhoo thanks for the support! And I've got internet back at home now too!

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
July 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I stopped nursing my DD at 11m I was still able to get small drops of milk out of my bbs all the way utill I was pg with DS 2 & 1/2 years later. Then after I was pg I would leak colostrum....crazy bb's

I hope all the test you are going through give you some good answers! Poor DH...I hope his test goes well too. I think I would die of embrassment if I were a man and had to "produce a spesimen"

July 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, being nosey but were you ttc all the time between DD and DS?

And I did wonder about milk production and whether you can always still make it once you have done once because I saw this program once where this woman couldn't breastfeed for some reason and so her MOTHER took over and still managed to produce milk (something to do with your body responding to the baby and saliva etc)..lol....off topic but just something that popped into my head from memory.

As for hubby, lol, it is a difficult thing considering the very idea is so off-putting yet depends on getting aroused to produce the sample! But considering what WE have to go through - once pregs if not before - its only a small thing. I do hope he is OK. At least then we can purely concentrate on my cycles...although they also want him to give up smoking which he is more reluctant to do but the docs said fertility clinics won't even SEE you now if one of you smokes.

July 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck with all the tests and doctor appointments. I hope everything works out for you.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
July 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I have been a part of the TTC after loss board for years (hosted for a while) and have posted regularly on Secondary Infertility(hosted for a while) and posted ofter on TTC with Medical Assistance. All three boards are AWESOME

Dave had to do a SA twice. It wasn't a big deal for him. He did have some issues with the swimmers though...and he had an issue with that. Male ego thing I guess...LOL

It took us 7 years and fertility drugs to get Matthew. I too had pretty much given up without "giving up" and I can honestly say it was 100% worth every minute of it and every needle stick.

Lots of

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

July 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I think thats what is more scary - that there would be an issue with his sperm, given his age, past-drinking-habits and smoking. I think he is scared to think he has done something irreversable and I too am praying he is OK because its hard enough knowing I have to work on MY cycle.
And I don't know if I can cope if this takes years as the past 2 have been hard enough but at least I could tell myself it might just have been because of nursing and that that was going to end eventually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search