PG signs while breastfeeding?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
THE angry uterus
Okay, so I'm not trying right now (we plan on trying next summer), in fact I'm exclusively BFing and on the minipill. I feed on demand through the week and at night F, Sa, Su, pump during the day F, Sa, Su. I haven't had a period since March 2nd or something like that. Anyway, 7 weeks PP. It was just like a normal period, only in the middle of the pack of bcp and while EBFing. I was disappointed, but not surprised. Oliver is my 4th and with my older three I always got my period back 3-4 mo PP. He is now 7 mo old and except the one time I haven't see her (not that I mind or anything!!). Well, I've been feeling really crampy and gassy lately and my nipples are sensitive. I guess it could be AF getting ready to show up too... The cramping could be from the gas, and the nipples could just be my over active imagination. Oh, I forgot to mention, I got PG with #2 when #1 was 6 mo old and was exclusively BF. I wasn't even pumping.

So I guess for those who have BTDT, do you remember any PG signs you had while BFing? Its been so long ago for me, I can't remember. I took a HPT back in May, it was neg. I go in to see my OB/GYN on the 17th. If she offers a preg test I will take it, but otherwise I probably wont take one.
August 6th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No clue on what to tell you...this is the first time I've bf'd this long....ANd I'm feeling really tired and such lately....like I usually do when I'm pg....but I took a test this morning and it's negative. So far

Dollar Tree has them for only $1.00....I'd stop by and get one for testing.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
i dont know what to tell you, as im still trying for number 2!!! i also have a son named oliver who was born on 1/9 but he was born in 2008 so i just HAD to say hi

August 7th, 2009, 02:36 AM
THE angry uterus
Amanda, that is awesome! LOL Great name and great day to have a baby.
August 7th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was told that any bleeding at all (even if you had totally stopped and then started again) in the first 7 weeks PP is still considered postpartum bleeding and not a period. So, it's possible that is all it was for you at that point.

I felt super tired, like way more tired/exhausted than usual. That was my only real symptom when I tested. Nausea kicked in about 4 days after my BFP.

August 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say my son is a week younger than yours and I had some bleeding from 6-7 weeks PP that I also thought might be AF, but since I've had nothing since then, I assume it was just some more PP bleeding. It was weird b/c my flow had completely stopped and then picked back up with a vengeance and seemed just like a period. So I'm thinking that's what you probably experienced as well.
As for pg symptoms while BFing, I've never (yet) been preggo while nursing. I have tested several times since my son was born b/c, yeah, w/o AF.....how can you know for sure?

Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
August 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
THE angry uterus
I had mastitis 4 weeks before the bleeding, so I assumed that the drop in milk production with the mastitis tripped AF. It could have been more PP bleeding, but it was like 3 weeks after it had stopped. Of course I don't have that pregnancy fatigue going on. I'm tired sure, but not the "OMG I just want to sleep for the rest of my life" tired. KWIM?
August 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was tired like "I need to sleep 23 hours a day" tired before I tested. You can always just do a cheap dollar store test to check things out though!

October 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking here (very much debating about joining very soon) but you said you are on the minipill? This is funny because I am having the exact same symptoms and I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all are negative. I have an appt on Monday but I have a sneaky suspician that the minipill is keeping my period away and making me feel nauseous. Just a thought...

Thanks Chelsea (Graysmama) for my awesome siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search