a few questions...help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
hi there! ok, I am still nursing my 13 month old several times a day and 1-3 times a night about 75% of the time, sometimes she doesn't wake. AF showed....maybe 3-4 months ago and has been pretty regular. We are not currently trying AT ALL lol so I am wanting to know what I can expect/what is typical.

Since I am cycling, can I assume I am also ovulating? or is it just a possibility? I have been contemplating OPKs just to find out, but I think DH would have a heart attack and be convinced I was trying to get pregnant without telling him lol.

Also...TMI lol, my sex drive has been through the roof! Could that have something to do with my body ovulating again? When I say through the roof, I mean like it hasn't been this way since we were newlyweds and he is pushing me away telling me once a day is enough lol, so it's something to be mentioned!

thanks for any input!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

December 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think if you are getting AF regularly, I would think it's pretty safe to assume you are ovulating, but the only way to really tell would be to chart your CM and BBT.

My Ovulation Chart
December 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Veteran
Ditto. Chances are you are ovulating pretty regularly. My drive went bonkers when my AF returned too; DH is one happy camper

December 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
i think you are you are probably ovulating. i was using clear blue fertility monitor so i knew i was ovulating but i didnt get a long enough luteal phase to get pregnant til i night weaned. i just did this around 20 months.
hope this helps!
love

December 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
*shudder* I don't want to think about ovulating without a long enough luteal phase.

how long were your cycles when you did that? if they were 28+ days were you just Oing late and then AF showed a few days later?

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com

December 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM
nevermind apparently I ovulated!

-Ginni-

www.lovingbeginning.com

December 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM
mater bibit
congrats on ovulating

My last cycle had a short LP too. Only knew because I was charting. I O'd late in the cycle and AF came when I would have expected her if I hadn't known about when I O'd. DS hasn't been nursing quite as much lately though and signs of Oing have started a lot sooner in this cycle than last.

Best wishes on having a long LP!
December 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Guess your questions were answered! Congratulations!
December 23rd, 2009, 06:51 AM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
woo hoo!!! you give hope to us all here
thanks for sharing!
love axxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search