Would you? (maybe TMI)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
So I don't post in here often, but I wanted your opinions...(ok so this is going to be a dumb/silly question)

Firs off, I've been cycling fairly regularly since 5 weeks pp, but I'm not sure if I'm ovulating or not (is there any real way of knowing?)

...But I have major baby fever!!! I told DH that all I wanted for Christmas was a BFP!

Sooo...I'm pretty sure we DTD on the right days (that is IF I'm Oing) which would put me right around 10 dpo on Christmas day! Do I take a test that morning or not? I don't really have any reason to(meaning no symptoms), other than I think it would be really cool to know if I was pregnant on Christmas day! (I know, I probably sounds really silly right about now)...But IF I was pregnant, will it even show? or am I just setting myself up to be disappointed?

I don't really have any history of when I show on a test, because I didn't take my first test with DS til I was a week late! (with instant results!!)...

So would you test?! Or would you think it was just a waist of a test?...

December 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
mater bibit
I don't know if I would or not. Maybe .. but I only use $ Tree tests so it's 1$ I'd be wasting if it was a BFN.

Some pregnancies show up at 8ish days, some not until after AF has failed to show up when expected. I have generally waited until AF was missed before testing and even then I've had different results with how strongly a BFP came up which is why I think it differs between pregnancies as well as between women.

You could get a good idea of if you are actually Oing or not by charting your basal body temperature.
December 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
mrslampy's Avatar Regular
i use clear blue easy fertility monitor to know if and when ive ovulated. i always start testing at 10 days because im a POAS addict hahahaha!

btw never feel silly for being over excited or dreaming you might be pregs! you never know!

baby dust to you love axxx

December 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't get my post IUI bfp until I was 12dpIUI, so I try not to test until I think I'm possibly at least 12dpO (But I don't think I've O)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got my first BFP at 10DPO, so it's possible. Good luck, let us know what happens

Expecting baby #4!

December 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Well I decided to go ahead and POAS Christmas morning, and it came back neg...I thought for a brief moment there was a faint line, but I'm pretty sure that was just my imagination, and wishful thinking

Anyway, we'll see what happens over the next few days/weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search