Hello =D

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Well I ran across this board doing a search for "ttc while breastfeeding" imagine that haha! So I figured I'd just stop by and say hello!

My husband and I have 3 boys - ages 9, 4, and 14 months. My husband has talked me into TTC again for our 4th (he's really hopeful for a girl, I'm thinking we'll probably just have 4 boys lol) - once I decided to start charting to "avoid" he kind of sprung this on me and really it wasn't super hard for him to talk me into it lol. Anyway, I'm thinking that nothing is going to happen real soon because I am still breastfeeding and will be for probably another 6-8 months, but I'm hoping BF won't delay it too long. We started TTC our 3rd right after our 2nd was born because it took 4 years to get pregnant with our 2nd and we really didn't want another 5 yr age gap between kids. I didn't get pregnant until our 2nd had been weaned for about 6 months, so I wonder if that had something to do with it since I was having pretty regular cycles and ovulating about the same time each month which was a nice change from when we were ttc our 2nd and nearly all my cycles were anovulatory (and I wasn't breastfeeding!).

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble, just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Facebook
July 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!

I noticed this sub-forum is pretty slow, but I check every so often. My first child is 14 months and I'm on my first cycle (got AF back about a week before DS turned 14 months). I was always very regular too, but it did take fertility drugs for me to get pregnant with DS.

I have no idea what my cycles will be now. I'm still BF too. I'm going to keep track and take some OPK's to see if I'm ovulating.

We want to get pregnant when DS turns 2, but not really before (although I'd be thrilled if it happened right away). I'm sure you know how that feels because you had to TTC for a long time too. We'll see how things go.

Anyway, keep us posted on how things are going and I hope the TTC journey is fast and easy for you!

July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hey all...I'm not really "TTC" but we are NTNP....which if you ask my sister IS ttc lol...

Anyway...I didn't get AF back until I was 18 months pp..we are still nursing and going strong...my first four cycles were heavy and regular-ish...they consistently had 9 day luteal phases (so unable to sustain a pregnancy)...then my fifth cycle was extremely odd....9 days of spotting...no flow at all...wondering if I just didn't ovulate or something...who knows....

If it happened this month that would be FAB...I've ALWAYS wanted an April baby...and have been praying for one since my AF started back up....not that it will happen in MY time, as I know it happens in God's time...but anyway...That's me....

Can't claim the TTC title mostly because dh would rather pretend he doesn't want anymore but then not try AT ALL to prevent one...so it's easier to say oops than to say "we purposely had a fifth child"...lol...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 2nd, 2010, 05:26 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Martha83 I like your paragraph about vaxes in your signature

I wish I could memorize that for people who ask me about not vaxing

August 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know right...I'm thinking about printing it off and sticking it in my purse for the occasions that I need it

LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
hey all...I'm not really "TTC" but we are NTNP....which if you ask my sister IS ttc lol...

Can't claim the TTC title mostly because dh would rather pretend he doesn't want anymore but then not try AT ALL to prevent one...so it's easier to say oops than to say "we purposely had a fifth child"...lol...

haha! this is us too! My husband says he doesn't want to "try" for a 4th but is doing absolutely nothing to prevent a 4th all the while knowing how much I desire to have another. Praying things work as God has planned for us all!! I just got my first PPAF and DD is nearly 8 months. I am praying that God chooses to allow things to happen and quickly.... although I am trying to be faithful and trusting that he may have a better timeline in mind.
March 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Veteran
Your boys have probably grown up by now. I just wonder if you had a girl or boy for your 4th child.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search