PCOS and no AF yet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 06:41 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been BF Noah for 10 months and he's doing pretty well. He eats solids at least 3 times a day plus snacks. Right now, he's doing 6 times a day. During the week, he takes 3 bottles at daycare instead of nursing. Otherwise, we do 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 8pm. He goes all night (from 8pm till sometimes as late as 8am) without nursing.

Anyway, I have PCOS and I never had a normal period before Noah. I had to take 100mg of Clomid and a trigger in order to get pregnant with him. I have not had a period since he was born. My plan is to wean him off breastmilk during the day while at daycare but otherwise I want to keep nursing him at night and on the weekends. Shouldn't I have gotten my period by now (if I was normal without PCOS)? I really want to have another baby but I'm not sure what my ob will do with my still nursing. I just want to know what your opinions and experiences are. Thanks.

My Blog
September 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have PCOS too.

DD was a comid baby i never got AF until 6-8 weeks after I weaned her.. I got pregnant with DS a few weeks later and it was a total surprise as I was expecting to have to do fertility treatments again.

DS is now 15 months old and nurses 2-3 times a day and I still haven't had AF....
September 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone is very different, even those of us with PCOS! Some women get their fertility back the second they introduce anything other than breastmilk, and others don't get their fertility back until after they wean completely. We all respond to the breastfeeding hormones differently.

Bear in mind that having a baby often increases your fertility. The high levels of progesterone in pregnancy shrink cysts that may be present due to PCOS, and it's also common for a woman's body to improve in the production of good quality cervical mucus following a full term pregnancy. Just because you needed some extra help conceiving the first time around doesn't guarantee you'll need it the second time around.

You can track your cervical mucus to see if you're experiencing ongoing infertility or not, even before AF comes back.
September 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AF turned up today! :happydance:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search